Like 5 minutes ago my picking hand wrist started hurting really badly. It's not really the wrist, more in between the thumb and index finger area and holding a pick feels terrible for my thumb. So guys, what have I gotten myself into this time?
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome maybe? You probably got it from anchoring. Seriously, sounds like you should see a doctor. Then, change you technique. Look at it, and find what's tense.

EDIT: If you do decide to make a techniqeu change, DO NOT ANCHOR. This could be what got you here in the first place.
I would go see a doctor, just to be on a safe side.

About a year ago, I started getting sharp electrical-like jolts in my left wrist while I was playing. Not too bad, but it was enough to concern me. A massage therapist told me I had the very early stages of carpal tunnel and recommended a series of stretches.

I've been following them religiously. 3-5 minutes before I start practicing, then a gradual warm up of about 10-15 minutes. And while I'm playing I'll stop now and again and do a quick stretch. The other modification to my playing has been that I absolutely will not play with tension if I'm consciously aware of it all. It's worked like a charm. Absolutely no re-occurence of the symptoms.

Good luck, and seriously, go see a doctor. No sense taking chances.