today i was over at my granparents house helping my grandpa with some home audio stuff. i found out he has been using an old traynor guitar cab to put his spare tv on! i told him he had to let me have it! its an old 2x12 cabinet and is in great shape. it doesn't have the original speakers as they have ben changed out for a couple of 12 inch speakers with tweaters on them- not sure the brand or if they are meant for guitar use but my grandpa said they should be good. apparently an uncle of mine at one point played in a band and when him and my aunt split he left it at my grandparents. it looks like its from the 70's and the model is "YT-12". anybody know what ive got here? or what it might be worth? im gonna run my valveking through it for a while and i might have to get new speakers. so what do you guys think?
"every prince has to slay a few dragons before he meets his princess"
make a tl;dr
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
he was using it to the put his tv on while he watched tv. i switched it out with a table lol. he doesnt play guitar anyway he didnt mind
im really not a dick. i shovel his driveway everytime it snows, last weak i took him to the store and helped him buy some plywood for a project he was workin on. he hadn't used this thing for anything besides a tv stand since the time he got it
Oh come on, it's not like it's his kidney. The guy was using it as a TV stand, so hush.
Quote by Mitchell?
Oh come on, it's not like it's his kidney. The guy was using it as a TV stand, so hush.

i'm using my stereo as a tv stand, and would be quite annoyed if someone took it even though i havent really used my stereo in a while.....

well all i have managed to find out so far as it was made sometime between 1966-1970 as per the serial number. thats all i got
cab as a TV stand?!?!?!
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
well i am not suprised...

instead of some congrats or help with it, they call you a dick....only on UG

nice find, hope it works well
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
That is a nice find. Weird, but nice. Sometimes people have no clue what they have, huh?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
haha well he wouldn't know what it was... its not really his anyway, its my estranged uncles' who also happens to be a paranoid schizophrenic and is never going to be coming back for it. and he has never played an instrument in his life and never used the cab for anything except for putting his tv on it, so ya... he didnt mind and i don't see how that makes me a dick, he was glad i would put some use into it
traynor's old stuff was amazing! Their cabs go for a pretty good price these days, but cheaper than other company's, bombproof too. My guitar teacher has an old traynor head/cab, it rips!
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808