So i've searched and i can't find the answers anywhere. When i'm fingerpicking on electric it never sounds clean. I rest the 'heel' of my hand right next to the bridge. This mutes the low strings, and when i need to play the low strings my hand automatically lifts up. My problem is some songs call for ringing bass strings whilst playing low strings, some call for bass strings being staccatted, and some call for a mixture. My question is, where can i find a technique guide or some general help with fingerpicking properly?

EDIT: When my hand is in the hovering position i've noticed when i go from a barre chord to an open chord i can't stop the strings ringing. But, if i keep my hand resting on the 'heel' the bass strings get caught and won't sound out.
Last edited by Ikonoklast at Feb 14, 2009,
Haven't been able to find a really good fingerstyle guide online, especially not regarding muting. RChristie would probably be the first person to spring to mind - if you don't get an answer here perhaps PM him.
Quote by Freepower
Haven't been able to find a really good fingerstyle guide online, especially not regarding muting. RChristie would probably be the first person to spring to mind - if you don't get an answer here perhaps PM him.

Ahh cheers mate, will do.