So I've been looking around on musician's friend for a new amp and have been considering the Ashdown Electric Blue 15-180. I'd like some other recommendations and thoughts on the ashdown aswell though.

I'll be playing metal and classic rock mostly and I'm looking for something with a rather growly tone. I have a budget of 300-500 dollars Canadian and can go slightly higher if needed. I'll also be playing guitar through this too.
Are you playing with a band?
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
I can get an awesome growl out of mine, although that may be a lot to do with my bass.

The EB is a good amp for the money, the only problems I have with mine are that the deep and bright buttons have stopped working (lasted about 3 years though and probably aren't hard to fix so can't really complain) and that the controls on the amp feel a bit cheap... Then again it's a cheap amp so what did I expect. Other than that the thing is pretty solid and can produce some very nice tones.
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
seriosly man, get a peavey vypr! they hav 11 built in metal/rock effects & presets its got a clean & distorted channel and MORE! its the newest amp out rite now, only 350 AUD for 15w but the go up to 75w, get one!! and by the way this isnt just an add for peavey lol
Quote by IbanezRG170DX
seriosly man, get a peavey vypr! they hav 11 built in metal/rock effects & presets its got a clean & distorted channel and MORE! its the newest amp out rite now, only 350 AUD for 15w but the go up to 75w, get one!! and by the way this isnt just an add for peavey lol

And this isnt the bass forum
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by IbanezRG170DX

ITZ DA NEWZEST AMP OUT RITE NW! ZOMGZZZZZ

/sarcasm

it seems incredibly overpriced and for a small amp that has what I assume are horrendous amp models
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by ScottB.
Are you playing with a band?

Yes, we don't have a drummer yet, but I'm getting this amp for when we find one.

Thanks for the info faultyy, I probably won't be using those buttons anyway, how good is the thing that creates the same note an octave lower though?
It should be good if you are just starting out with a band.

On the octaver: I tried out a MAG 210 in a shop the other day(it has the same octaver) and I could barely notice it was on, but with a 15" speaker it should be pretty noticeable, bare in mind the octave it produces arent clean or exact. More of a general range instead of the perfect note.
Quote by guitarhero_764

Quote by Sylvanus
Yes, we don't have a drummer yet, but I'm getting this amp for when we find one.

Thanks for the info faultyy, I probably won't be using those buttons anyway, how good is the thing that creates the same note an octave lower though?

I don't really use that much either haha. It's a lot more noticeable on higher notes than it is on lower, it's definately not a massive stand out effect as the second octave is not that loud, but can be used to fatten your sound a bit or for some weirdness on high parts. I think the newest version of the amp also has a compressor built in, which is a lot more useful than the sub harmonics.

Also if you're going to gig with it, with a drummer, you'll probably have to D.I. the amp in to the PA (luckily it has a D.I. output on the front), unless you want to spend more money on an extra cab to get the full 180w.
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Last edited by faultyy at Feb 14, 2009,