Really, all I need to do, is find a way to fit the 27 fret Xiphos into a 24 fret guitar without making it look l ike the regular Xiphos. And yes, there ARE differences in beveling, and the cutaway is deeper, thus increasing sex appeal.

EDIT: Double checked, the pics I was looking at were weird, beveling is the same, but the deeper cutaway remains teh secks.

My main issue is the fact that it seems to me the only way to keep the bridge in the same place and fit the neck into the extended cutaway is to shorten the scale (possibly all the way down to the 24 3/8' scale that BC rich uses), but I have fat fingertips and therefore would like to keep the scale length.

Anyone know what I could do? I'm thinking about getting a custom made eventually, and it's gonna be this shape, but I won't use 27 frets. I'll keep that number if i have to though.

Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Last edited by Shinozoku at Feb 14, 2009,
Wait, so you want to put a 27 fret neck on a guitar built for 24 frets? You can keep the scale length the same, but you'll need to fill in the neck pickup hole and move it back... Does the fretboard just extend way past the end of the neck, or does the neck itself go all the way to 27?
Quote by tjfishrocker
Coolcat i want to make love to you right now.

Quote by Natrone

Anyone else see the irony in smashing a guitar that says "peace and love" ?
If you reread, you will see I want 24 frets on the body that's been altered to fit 27

Also, check the pic I added.

EDIT!!: To clarify, I plan on getting a custom guitar built for me based on the XPT700XH, but with 24 frets instead of 27. The extended cutaway on that body would look weird without the extra 3 frets, so I want to figure out if there's any possible way to get the body to accommodate the number of frets without looking stupid, shortening the scale length, or moving the bridge back

I'm very stubborn

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.

Last edited by Shinozoku at Feb 14, 2009,
Ah, I've got it, I had it backwards... I'm not all knowing or anything, but I'd think you could just do the opposite of what I said, move the neck humbucker up and fill in where it was... It should all be a fairly basic process, so long as both necks were designed for the same scale length
Quote by tjfishrocker

Quote by Natrone

I thought about that too... I'll have to do some MS Paint wizardry

TO THE INTER... well, actually... TO THE ACCESSORIES FOLDER!!!!

Stupid name.

Uhm, no I'd like to be able to keep the pickup straight, as there are far too many angled S sized neck pickups in the world. Any more ideas?

Stupid name.

I didn't say angled, I just said moved forward, so it's closer to the end of the fretboard, for a smoother sound
Quote by tjfishrocker

Quote by Natrone

Actually, to fit any closer, I'd have to angle it, as it's already at the edge of the cutaway.

I'm startin to think I'll be keeping 27 frets in the design xD

Stupid name.

Hmm... Well, 27 can't be that bad, can it? I mean, I can't imagine and real use for 27, but at elast they'd be there were you to ever need them
Quote by tjfishrocker

Quote by Natrone

Very true. I just don't like having features on my guitar that I don't use (just as I don't care for fewer features than I do).

Anywho, thanks for the help

Stupid name.

You dont have to change scale lengths, if you want a 24 fret neck to end where 27 frets usually would the bridge will just have to move back a bit.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Well there is the normal Xiphos with 24 frets.
"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."