I currently have (and don't want) a Marshall MG Halfstack.

I am going to trade it in for a Marshall JCM 2000 TSL 60 Watt combo.

That will be one of the happiest days of my life.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
hai guish this is the bass forum

as for me I'm kind of inbetween amps at the moment
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
its the BASS FORUM!
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Just to give ScottB a hand... It's the fucking bass forum ... Also Ashdown EB180 £150, which I hope to upgrade soon
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Quote by faultyy
Just to give ScottB a hand...

Well at the moment Ive got a 120 watt Behringer which is disgusting.

Soon I should be getting a Hartke LH500

*hopes that i havent jinxed it*
Quote by guitarhero_764

Peavey Classic 50.
Not sure how much it costed, don't remember.. but new they're about 800 dollars.
Any crowd size since I always have it miced through the P.A.
Fender Bassman 250/210 combo.
Fender Geddy Lee, Precision (MIA), Fender Standard Jazz, Ibanez SR700, GK MB210 combo, GK 210MBE
Quote by TechnicolorType
Peavey Classic 50.
Not sure how much it costed, don't remember.. but new they're about 800 dollars.
Any crowd size since I always have it miced through the P.A.

BASS FORUM!
Quote by guitarhero_764

They're guitarists. They can't hear--they've blown out their ears from playing too long with loud amps. Get out the signal flags

On topic. My main gigging map is an Ampeg B3150, which is perfect for small venues like restaurants and bars.
Trace Elliott GP7SM 200 watt. got it for $400
GEAR:

Ibanez GSR205FM

Trace Elliot GP7SM 200watt bass combo
hartke LH500 + vx4X10 it runs at 350 watts it cost £550 ish and i use it to play to everyone even the people that stay away because they don't want to hear

tam screw the signal flags get out the ban hammer
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
SWR SM-500 that I got for $350 and an Eden 2x10 that was $700, and a Carvin cab I got for free that I put a Peavey Black Widow in. I generally play to about 100ish people in random small venues with no need to be in the PA. I haven't run into a venue yet that I didn't have the volume for. (This includes larger outdoor shows and large/club venues)
Behringer bxl something atm, (I feel your pain scott)
Hopefully going to get a orange 210 + 410 halfstack.
Ashdown mag 600R, going through 2 15's soon and a 4x5 horn box.
Should cost around 200 to make the cabs, and then 322 for the head, not bad for 600 watts.

I was originally getting a peavey tvx 4x10, but i think ill cancel as the seller is getting to comlicates.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
GK Goldline stack for about $800. I haven't found a place it couldn't fill yet.
hartke b90. It's big enough for practice, not much of anything else. I think it was 350, I might be wrong though
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Ampeg BA-115. Cost me $150 (best deal of my life, it's originally around 500 I believe?). Big enough for any practice situation, as well as small (and I mean small) gigs or coffee shop kind of things.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Quote by faultyy
Just to give ScottB a hand... It's the fucking bass forum ... Also Ashdown EB180 £150, which I hope to upgrade soon

So its not just me seeing an invasion of the bass forum from guitarists?
Quote by Azgirio
Yeah, you definitely raped his churches and burned his women.

Quote by LordBishek
Forgive the bluntness, but what in the chucklefucking hell is this?
Carvin BX1200 w/ BR410

Got it on sale from Carvin, want to say around $860 for both the 4x10 and the 1200w head. I am getting a 1x18 to complete the stack and produce some badarse lows, specially since I just bought a 'Wick!
Last edited by metalcore123 at Feb 15, 2009,
I'm suppose to use an amp?
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
Hartke HA3000
Hartke VX410
Hartke VX115

all for £200 :P

I use it for pretty much everywhere
gk backline 600 150
backline 410 300
backline 115 160
610?

or for home use a fender rumble 100watt 115 -300ish

or occasionally some random Randle guitar head and a hartke 410 -not mine
SO guitars really are stupider than... everyone.

Anyway, I use my SWR SM-900 with a Mesa 212. As is, it's pushing out around 600W (I don't know the exact number, as I have the 800W version which I can't find stats for) and I use it for every venue I need to bring an amp to. I have this awesome feature called a volume knob, and if my amp is too loud for the venue, I flick the switch and it's quieter.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by djflats
Fender Bassman 250/210 combo.

this, its awesome
BASS GEAR:
Fender Bassman 250 2x10
Squier MB-5
Tanglewood Premier TW155 acoustic bass

GUITAR GEAR:
Ibanez ART300
Fender GDC-200SCE
Peavey studio chorus 70

PEDALS:
Ibanez SM-7
Ibanez PH-7
DOD Bass Chorus
A Traynor YVM P.A head through an old Spectra EC-315 cab. I dunno how loud it is though. It's pretty damn loud. I can easily over power my drummer, guitarist, and saxophone player if I really wanted to. It also has four inputs in the head, but this whole thing probably isn't great for my tone. Oh well. I'm saving up for one of two amps, Acoustic B200 combo or Ashdown MAG C210T-300 combo. But my shops all around me only have the Acoustic and I don't want to order without trying so I'll probably just buy the Acoustic.

Oh and the amp was free. I am borrowing it from my friend who got it for free from a guy at his church. He hasn't asked for it back and I use it more than he does. So I will keep it until he forgets.
Gear:1991 Fender MIJ Jazz/Squier VM Fretless Jazz -> Pitchblack -> Way Huge Green Rhino -> Boss OC-2 -> Boss DD-7 -> Markbass Tube 800 -> SWR 4x12.

Flat wounds. Flat wounds on everything. Everything is a little fatter when it's flatter.
Nemesis NC200B 210 combo. 200w, decently loud for practice/most gigs. Got it for $500 used. Great tone, but could use more low end and needs another cab to fill it out.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
My last amp was a Mesa/Boogie Titan V12. I traded a Mesa/Boogie Bass 400 for it, which I paid $500 for. I then decided I don't need huge amps, so I sold the Titan and bought a bass I really wanted. My next amp will be either an SWR or Eden, but before that I'm going to pick up a Line6 POD X3 Live. The more ampless I am, the happier I am.

It's odd, when I buy a bass it's probably going to stay for life, but my amps get changed all the time. Too heavy, too muddy, runs too hot, isn't loud enough, is too loud..... I can never find one I want or like.
"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." -Bender Bending Rodriguez
Carvin BX1200 paid $600
Genz Benz 215 paid $300

running 400watts/cab

Excess power is intoxicating. I usually play for about 2-400 people.
Carvin SBR410, which is a BX600 and BR410. It was $800 + Shipping, I think. It was a gift, though...I can't claim to have spent anything on it.

It's 225W through the single cab, though we're getting an eden D115XLT for $150, so it'll be 400W.
Nope, no sig here.
Currently a borrowed Peavey something 115. Dont buy one. Ever.

I also have a GK-1001RB II. Which should be going through a GK 410RBH and an Ashdown MAG 115 in about 3 weeks. Cant wait!
I got a Peavy Max 110 amp. Guitar Center was for i think $350, but i got it for $150 at the guitar store i work at (local store). It sounds very powerful for 50 watts, then again i use a Boss Overdrive pedal and it boosts sound ALOT. Cuts through the guitars just amazingly and they have Marshall half stacks. I use it for bar gigs and outside backyard shows and it does just fine. Im in a metal band too if that helps with anything xD
Equipment:

ESP F104 Bass
Spector Legend 5 Classic Bass
ESP B206SM Bass
Axl Mayhem Fireaxe Guitar
Gallien-Krueger 400RB-III Combo Bass Amp
Gallien-Krueger 115SBX Bass Cabinet
Last edited by COBHC_Erick429 at Feb 16, 2009,
Ashdown ABM Ct210 for Home and gigs
Ashdown EB15-180 for band practice.
i <3 Ashdown!