Whenever I use a distortion pedal with my Line 6 30w, I get this "Flanging" type sound which I can't seem to turn off. I know it's not the cables, or the guitar. Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks.
Your flanger is still turned on.

You have to turn the flanger knob up, and then back down to zero.

The flanger is a preset, so you have to remove the preset by moving the knob when you go on the clean channel.

I bought a Spider III as my first amp when I got back into guitar, and I must say that it was good to start out with.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Quote by GatesIsGod
Whenever I use a distortion pedal with my Line 6 30w, I get this "Flanging" type sound which I can't seem to turn off. I know it's not the cables, or the guitar. Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks.

Your problem is that you're using an effects pedal with a very bottom of the line digital modeling amp. You're going to get really weird noises when you do that. The SIII has onboard effects anyway, why are you throwing a pedal in front of it?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by tmfiore
Your flanger is still turned on.

You have to turn the flanger knob up, and then back down to zero.

The flanger is a preset, so you have to remove the preset by moving the knob when you go on the clean channel.

I bought a Spider III as my first amp when I got back into guitar, and I must say that it was good to start out with.

This is also a very distinct possibility.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Coming up later in the show: New thread on what new half-stack to get......PALM/
Quote by GatesIsGod
Its a Boss ML-2 Metalcore. I paid $100 for it. It can't be the pedal.

sell them all and buy a Vypyr 30.....
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by GatesIsGod
Its a Boss ML-2 Metalcore. I paid $100 for it. It can't be the pedal.

Oh boy.

Okay, this is gonna be the nicest way possible: price does NOT equal quality.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Using modeling amps (like your Spider) with pedals usually isn't a good idea, it could just be the combination of the two. Your amp and pedal are both pretty bad, just because you paid $100 for it doesn't mean it's good.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB

sell them all and buy a Vypyr 30.....

You won't like that ts, but he's actually right. Both the amp and pedal aren't that great. A new amp like the Vypyr would do you a lot of good. I don't know whether you can get them for cheap on ebay yet, because they haven't been around for too long, but I advise you to keep your eyes open for one anyway.
Let's take a look, you take one of the biggest piece of shit amps around, and you run a shitty noisy ass pedal through it. Add the fact that modellers + pedals = Awful anyways, and you'll have your answer.