Im looking at buying one, but i wanted to know how they compare to others...

are they much different to the mgs?

sound quality out of ten?

thanks

( I play classic rock if that helps)
better than the MG but still crap.....

Budget Please???
and ALL the genres you play...
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
I think they are equal to MG with far more hype.

Vile mush.

Quality out of SS amps = 3/10 - some way better.

Q. out of any amp = no point.

Let the advice begin.
£ 200 max of ebay lol so that could be a what, £400 amp? i guess...

I play mostly distorted sounds ; guns n roses, and cleans from guns n roses like paradise city' also, pink floyd sounds... etc
Usable (but far from good) crunch tones, bad lead tones, kinda "boomy" cleans which I didn't like at all. It's also tough to eq. It's either sounding too harsh or doesn't cut through the mix of a band well enough. It is too pricey for what it does.
If you want to play classic rock and need a cheap amp, the Vox Valvetronix series of amps is a good place to start. They do crunch sounds very well, but can do other styles as well and also have nice built in effects.

But what is your budget and will you need the amp for home use/band rehearsals/gigging?

EDIT: Just saw your post. For that money, definitely check out the Valvetronix series, the 50 watt one has a nice big speaker and is plenty loud.

EDIT: 200 quid will get you a used 50 watts one. If you want a new one, 200 will only get you the VT30, which is quieter and has a smaller speaker. But if you don't need it to be loud, it would suffice.
Last edited by TheQuailman at Feb 14, 2009,
are you giging or home use /jamming only???
feel free to add me
Quote by TheQuailman
Usable (but far from good) crunch tones, bad lead tones, kinda "boomy" cleans which I didn't like at all. It's also tough to eq. It's either sounding too harsh or doesn't cut through the mix of a band well enough. It is too pricey for what it does.
If you want to play classic rock and need a cheap amp, the Vox Valvetronix series of amps is a good place to start. They do crunch sounds very well, but can do other styles as well and also have nice built in effects.

But what is your budget and will you need the amp for home use/band rehearsals/gigging?

EDIT: Just saw your post. For that money, definitely check out the Valvetronix series, the 50 watt one has a nice big speaker and is plenty loud.

EDIT: 200 quid will get you a used 50 watts one. If you want a new one, 200 will only get you the VT30, which is quieter and has a smaller speaker. But if you don't need it to be loud, it would suffice.
yup, he speaks the truth. i used to have the avt150H and the eq is not very responsive, not the best to eq. its best to get a nice 1 speaker tube amp for cheap, so much much better for your money.
Guitars:
2009 Fender 72 Deluxe Telecaster
Yamaha F-130 Acoustic
Amps:
Blackstar HT5
Effects:
MXR Micro Chorus
R3FX Dual Resistafier
Quote by TheQuailman
Vox VT50 is your best bet then. Maybe a Line6 Flextone, though I don't know how much they go for used.

+1
i usualy see Flextones for about $500 on Ebay..........
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
+1

Sounds like a Flextone 3. Usually the HD's and 2's go for about $200-$400.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB

Okay, that is a bit much. Aren't they like 700 new?
Last edited by TheQuailman at Feb 14, 2009,
The old Valvestates = pretty good. The new ones = pretty crap.

I would look for a used Flextone or possibly a Valvetronix.
I currently own one... the stock speaker is muddy as hell, with a new speaker they're not too bad, if you can find one cheap.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2