Hey, I finally gave in to the urge to try the MTS sytem from Randall, and man I'm loving it so far

I managed to get it on the bay for £600 including the clean module as an ex-demo amp. My Ultra XL module finally turned up today So I thought I'd share some pics and some sound clips.

All set up for recording

And I found some wierd mode on my camera that seems to expose it for a long time and makes everything really bright; ended up with this odd pic of the tube glow.

I've just uploaded a little riff I put together to test the Ultra XL on my profile:
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/chrism3006/
Il do some clips of my modded clean tommorow (people are sleeping now)

Anyone got any good suggestions for a new module??
Gear:

Ibanez RGT220H
Schecter C1 Elite
Ibanez EWC30
Maxon OD-808
Framus Cobra
Peavey 5150 MK1 Block Letter
ENGL E530 Preamp
Mesa Boogie Standard Rectifier 4x12

Music:

http://www.myspace.com/morethanthisuk
Last edited by chrism3006 at Feb 14, 2009,
nice amp TS

and nice clipz
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
I dislike you strongly, I want that amp SO bad! Randalls are teh shiz and that tube glow pic is sweet!

EDIT: Nice clips too! What do you use to record (other then the SM57 )
Last edited by drbobgfx at Feb 14, 2009,
How do you find the amp at low (bedroom levels?)
That randall does look very appealing to due to have any amp sound you want authentically given!

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Sweet amp. I looked into this a while ago, then realised I didn't need the versatility

I'll listen to the clips tomorrow, it's too late to turn my speakers on.
Sweet amp and nice picture of the tubes. You use green tortex picks too!!

EDIT: Just checked that clip! That was f*&king nice!!
Last edited by littlephil at Feb 14, 2009,
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
nice amp TS

and nice clipz

Thanks!

Quote by drbobgfx
EDIT: Nice clips too! What do you use to record (other then the SM57 )

The SM57 goes into my M-audio Profire 610 interface and Is recorded using reaper, as far as drums goes I'm using EZ DFH and the bass is some cheap midi bass.

Quote by Chrisiphone
How do you find the amp at low (bedroom levels?)
That randall does look very appealing to due to have any amp sound you want authentically given!

It sounds good a lower volumes, obviousley it sounds better turned up. The only thing I would make sure you can deal with is the cooling fan noise, some of them can be really loud, mine was when I got it but I just changed it for a quiter one. Its still audible but I can live with it.
Gear:

Ibanez RGT220H
Schecter C1 Elite
Ibanez EWC30
Maxon OD-808
Framus Cobra
Peavey 5150 MK1 Block Letter
ENGL E530 Preamp
Mesa Boogie Standard Rectifier 4x12

Music:

http://www.myspace.com/morethanthisuk
Quote by chrism3006
It sounds good a lower volumes, obviousley it sounds better turned up. The only thing I would make sure you can deal with is the cooling fan noise, some of them can be really loud, mine was when I got it but I just changed it for a quiter one. Its still audible but I can live with it.

Thats livable too be honest! I put up with a Marshall AVT so the fan noise on this will be deathly quiet in comparison!

I'm in love with the tones of a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier right now and will never be able to afford one! So my idea was in a few years time I can buy one of these Randalls and fit the appropriate modules of what i'd love!

I'm jealous to be fair

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Nice.
Happy new amp day!
Quote by Sid McCall
Yeah, they don't arrest/ticket hobos because they can't pay the fines. Then they hang out in the jail all day eating free food. There's no point.

Quote by Brendan.Clace
Oh god...this thread....it is going places....
You kickass, nice amp BTW. This is CriesOfThePast522 on Youtube (the 13 year old that asks alot of questions).
Quote by Chrisiphone
Thats livable too be honest! I put up with a Marshall AVT so the fan noise on this will be deathly quiet in comparison!

I'm in love with the tones of a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier right now and will never be able to afford one! So my idea was in a few years time I can buy one of these Randalls and fit the appropriate modules of what i'd love!

I'm jealous to be fair

Dual Rectumfrier's can be found for really cheap, depending on your price range.

Some dude was trying to sell his Triple Rectifier on HCAF for $950. It took him like 2 months to sell it.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
AHHH! Ive been looking for a used one for under $800 for months now! I saw like 3 in a row, then when I actually GET enough money, only one shows up in 6 months! And its $1500!

EDIT: I was looking into Mr. Scarey because I heard a killer Vai like tone from it, or maybe even the 1806 (Not sure on the digits, sorry)
Quote by SonOfSanguinus
I believe in the "personal opinion" school of thought, I doubt you've heard of it. Now, go waste your time on something that doesn't annoy me

---

Female guitarist
You want to check my profile. Do it.

Flickr
Last edited by KiraIBZ at Feb 14, 2009,
Sweet! The UltraXL sounds sick, I love mine.

The clean, I could live without! But it's hard to find a buyer My JTM does the cleans much better.

Nice clipage!
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com