Me and my friend are going to buy a bass, whats a decent cheap one. I was thinking of an Epiphone Thunderbird. Play anything but metal.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
whatever you do, NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER buy a gibson/epiphone bass, they are trash, and everybody who knows what theyre talking about will agree.

but first, you have to tell me your budget before i can recoomend
My Rig:
Yamaha RBX 375 bass
Peavey Millenium BXP bass (won at Summer Slaughter 2010, signed by all the bands)
Eden Nemesis NC410 320w combo amp
Check out Tyrannicide, my death/thrash metal band:
http://www.myspace.com/tyrannicidemetal
Check out lower end Ibanez's and Squiers Vintage Modified and Classic Vibe series
SX's are pretty cheap.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz.

/thread

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ASTRAL PANDA σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Last.fm
try out the trusted Ibanez GSR200, or GSR205 if you want a five string. They run about 200 bucks. But they are worth every penny.
GEAR:

Ibanez GSR205FM

Trace Elliot GP7SM 200watt bass combo
I can get one of those Ibanez's off ebay for about $150, should I ? I guess it's the cheapest bass i'll probably find next to an SX
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Quote by TheTortured
whatever you do, NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER buy a gibson/epiphone bass, they are trash, and everybody who knows what theyre talking about will agree.

Because youve played every single gibson/epiphone bass out there? And you know for sure the TS wouldnt be happy with one?
Quote by goodlifebadlife
Because youve played every single gibson/epiphone bass out there? And you know for sure the TS wouldnt be happy with one?

He's right ^ by all means try a thunderbird, but there's a 90% chance you'll far prefer something else. However, consider a squier vintage modified bass of some kind or an ibanez GSR200, they're listed as the best basses in their class for a reason.
"I hope I die before I get old"-Words of Pete Townsend, 1945-

"I hope I die before I turn into Pete Townsend"-Words of Kurt Cobain, 1967-1994

Funny old world eh.
Any word on that SX? Price is perfect

My advice is to be patient and find a good used Ibanez. They tend to have fast necks and versatile pickups. I tend to think of the SX basses as backups. They can be a good deal, but are a better choice for an experienced player imo.

Are you experienced at neck set-up? SX basses usually need a proper set-up after delivery. Are you comfortable replacing the nut and probably the bridge on the SX? Those are frequently required.

Laziest Bassist Alive
Keep your gig. I'm sleeping.
No I don't know how to set up a bass, I play guitar, I just want a bass to play around with.

SX's seem to either be loved or hated on this forum...

I think the view that should be taken is that the quality control is terrible; you never quite know what you're going to get.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
i would not go to a pawn shop and buy one. I'd recommend a Squier VM when i got mine i thought i was the coolest bassist ever XD so young and innocent I was....

if you adjust the string height and type of strings on it, its a dream bass, and i think they went down in price....maybe.
Try adding more delay.
Quote by TheTortured

I think the Gibson SG bass is nice...

But on topic, buy a Squier Vinage Modified J or P Bass. Can't go wrong.
Quote by tr3nt
Any word on that SX? Price is perfect

SX's are good in most aspects except for the electronics, which suck ass. They make great project basses for this reason. I'd get it, and then maybe mod it later
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
+1 to the Squire vintage vibe. They had a review in Guitar World and in the "pros and cons" they said it didn't have a con. Good solid bass at an affordable price.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
RBX270J is better and is only another £30-odd quid
Either that or a Squier Vintage Modern
The Official "Rockin' Roadie"

-Lakland Skyline 44-02
-Fender Marcus Miller Jazz
-Fender MiM Precision
-Fender TC90 Thinline
-Squier Stratocaster w/mods (1989)
-Orange Dual Terror
-Marshall Valvestate 8280
-Marshall VS412
-Various pedals
look at the lower level yamahas The one i'm using at the moment is great to play and i think it was about £120-150 (i'm borrowing it)
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP