Help me decide what to get. I have just over $1000 to spend on a new electric guitar and amp. A 1x12 combo will be just fine seeing as I just play at home and with friends. I would rather have tube then solid state. For the guitar if it has EMG's that is a bonus. I play music similar to System of a Down, Crossfade, Disturbed, Shinedown, etc. I not willing to go used because the used market where I live sucks. But if the item is pretty common to find used, I will try.

-deathtrendsetta

OR
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Last edited by Jhachey22 at Feb 14, 2009,
I dont know about a tube amp, but ive heard good things about raven amps, and the line six tube amp is really good too, and for a guitar, you could probably find a used guitar like a Jackson Randy Rhoads and replace the pickups.But if you want a $200 amp, you might like the epiphone les paul zakk wylde
ignore the guy who prefers solid state, once you own a tube amp you can never go back. As far as playing in the bedroom or jamming with your friends, i would DEFINETLY get the JSX mini-colossal and a good distortion pedal if you love metal/heavier music b/c the JSX doesn't have a drive channel. The valveking 212 is extremely loud, I own one and for playing in the bedroom I keep it halfway to 1 and its still bone-shakingly loud.

As far as guitars, I would go to a store and try out guitars in your price range. I believe Jackson and Ibanez have the best low-end models as far as quality.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG3EXQM1-Quilted-Maple-Top-Electric-Guitar?sku=519784
designed by emg's aren't too great but should suit you for now. I personally prefer passives
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-DXMB-X-Electric-Guitar?sku=512239
really popular jackson with emg's, I've heard great things about this guitar. The FR may prove a bit problematic for you if you are inexperienced with working on guitars, so do some research first.
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Kramer-Striker-Custom-S424CR-Electric-Guitar?sku=515348
For the price these guitars are amazing in my opinion, they come in FR or stop-bar. With the leftover cash you could upgrade the pups to some evolutions or PAF pros and you will really be rockin.
I do not like Epiphones because their quality is just all over the map and it's difficult to get a good sound out of them without an overhaul.

It's really easy to find a Jackson, Ibanez, or Schecter on Craigslist, so look around. Most often these guitars will have a FR that will be majorly screwed up, so take advantage of the seller's unwillingless to dedicate time to repairs and get a great deal.

anyways, just do some research. DO NOT just buy a guitar or amp because its "metal" or "punk" (Ex. anything Line 6, Dean, or BC Rich), buy for quality and tone and you will be much happier with your gear and when/if your musical taste changes.
also, at this time right now, im seeing many people selling guitars because they cant pay bills/rent. Its sad, but its also a good time for the used guitar market.
Quote by ryoga415

anyways, just do some research. DO NOT just buy a guitar or amp because its "metal" or "punk" (Ex. anything Line 6, Dean, or BC Rich), buy for quality and tone and you will be much happier with your gear and when/if your musical taste changes.

So your saying Line 6 Vettas suck??

EDIT: Sorry for the double post...
Quote by schecter ftw
So your saying Line 6 Vettas suck??

EDIT: Sorry for the double post...

Nay, Vettas are great for what they do.

I guess I should have stated that in his price range line 6 would not be a brand I would look at