HGS9669
Banned
376 IQ
Seriously, a lot of the bass tabs I look up on UG, even the ones with 5 stars, are very wrong. Then I found BassMasta and their tabs rule. Much better than the ones here. I guess it's because that site's for bassists and this one's for guitarists. Or the people who post tabs at BassMasta actually know how the song sounds. Just making this thread so people who feel the same way I do about the bass tabs here know where to go.
skater dan0
ex-mod
1,755 IQ
you do realise that human ears pick up different pitches, and with some bass playing ability one would be able to transfer what they hear onto their bass.

do you have ears?

if so use them
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
muse-ik
Unregistered Abuser
397 IQ
ultimate GUITAR. BASSmasta. figure it out.
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
bassmanjoe08
Needs. Caffeine.
1,123 IQ

Life gettin' ya down?
Call Me Joe
Quote by wesleyisgay
IF MATT DAMON DIES TOMMAROW

FUK

Communist Mormon of 2.21.19.8

Caffeine Head of The Bass Militia
CBurtonIsKing
^is more of a Radiohead
782 IQ
Quote by HGS9669
Seriously, a lot of the bass tabs I look up on UG, even the ones with 5 stars, are very wrong. Then I found BassMasta and their tabs rule. Much better than the ones here. I guess it's because that site's for bassists and this one's for guitarists. Or the people who post tabs at BassMasta actually know how the song sounds. Just making this thread so people who feel the same way I do about the bass tabs here know where to go.

Considering that your profile says you play guitar, own not a single piece of bass equipment, and your favorite bassists are Flea and Mark Hoppus, i think its safe to assume your talking out of your ass. Or do you play basslines on your Squire Strat?

Yes, perhaps not all of the bass tabs on this site are perfect - in case you didnt notice, theres bound to be less people contributing bass tabs than guitar ones. People hear the basslines differently, and may put in something that doesnt sound quite right to another.

And are you implying that people in this forum DONT know what bass is supposed to sound like? Did you, Mr. Squier Strat proof read every damn tab on the site?
Quote by thefitz
That's because you're a 13 year old who only focuses on guitars. I bet most people can't tell the difference between your voice and your mother's.
PluckU
UG Newbie
764 IQ
lol who uses typed tabs. its all about gp5
Quote by Azgirio
Yeah, you definitely raped his churches and burned his women.

Quote by LordBishek
Forgive the bluntness, but what in the chucklefucking hell is this?
HGS9669
Banned
376 IQ
Quote by CBurtonIsKing
Considering that your profile says you play guitar, own not a single piece of bass equipment, and your favorite bassists are Flea and Mark Hoppus, i think its safe to assume your talking out of your ass. Or do you play basslines on your Squire Strat?

Yes, perhaps not all of the bass tabs on this site are perfect - in case you didnt notice, theres bound to be less people contributing bass tabs than guitar ones. People hear the basslines differently, and may put in something that doesnt sound quite right to another.

And are you implying that people in this forum DONT know what bass is supposed to sound like? Did you, Mr. Squier Strat proof read every damn tab on the site?

Been a while since I updated it. Bought a Fender MIM p-bass 6 days ago.
Gilthresa
Banned
10 IQ
bass masta has better tabs huzzah

Scrubs are the only people who use tabs as anything more than a VERY rough reference point of where to start.

Are you a scrub?
TooFast
Sometimes slow
478 IQ
Quote by Gilthresa
bass masta has better tabs huzzah

Scrubs are the only people who use tabs as anything more than a VERY rough reference point of where to start.

Are you a scrub?

Although I don't agree with the scrub part, I think it's a very wise idea to try and learn how to play by ear. I usually always do this if I hear a cool bassline, and if I can't figure it out, I check the tabs. It's much more fun if you figure it out by ear
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
cm261
307 IQ
Quote by Gilthresa

Are you a scrub?

That would make me a scrub then, thanks for that