For those of you that haven't seen the movie, I encourage you go watch it now. It's rather long and very mature but it's very moving and a great work of art.

For those who have seen it. I was wondering, what did you guys think were the subplots?

I know the main plot is Schindler and his factory/Jews

one subplot I know of is Amon Goth's deal with Helen Hirsch

What else do you guys think of?

The Friendship between Oscar and Itzak could be one, but I think that's part of the thing as a whole

Oscar's affairs?

The movement from camp to camp, dealing with the jews, etc etc?

Thoughts? lol
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
I'd say Amon and Oscar's relationship is quite important to the plot, too.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by TDKshorty
For those of you that haven't seen the movie, I encourage you go watch it now. It's rather long and very mature but it's very moving and a great work of art.

For those who have seen it. I was wondering, what did you guys think were the subplots?

The Friendship between Oscar and Itzak could be one, but I think that's part of the thing as a whole

Oscar's affairs?

Thoughts? lol

Reasons I will not watch.
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
I saw this in History class and I love this movie!
私の名前はアジリョです

Quote by MarshmallowPies
I snapped my high E once and sliced my finger open, so I can only assume snapping the low E would put me into a coma or something.
Quote by Smokey Amp
I'd say Amon and Oscar's relationship is quite important to the plot, too.

Yeah it is, but it seems like it's part of the main plot, don't you think? It doesn't seem very "sub-plotty"
lol

oh well.
Brilliant film. I love that scene whith the storm troopers clearing out the houses..
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
I like the sex scene, you get to see her titties and everything.
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
There's been sooo many threads done on this; I don't even wanna hear that you used the searchbar. Staring at it and giggling does not count.
The worlds fu cked up and we lit the fuse, its all used up what you gonna do?
Quote by TDKshorty
Yeah it is, but it seems like it's part of the main plot, don't you think? It doesn't seem very "sub-plotty"
lol

oh well.

Your mum's a sub-plot!
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by Smokey Amp
Your mum's a sub-human!

Fixed*
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
There's been sooo many threads done on this; I don't even wanna hear that you used the searchbar. Staring at it and giggling does not count.
The worlds fu cked up and we lit the fuse, its all used up what you gonna do?
Quote by Fiddelers elbow
Brilliant film. I love that scene whith the storm troopers clearing out the houses..

The piano was so insane and completely opposite of the scene it fit perfectly
I loved the little girl in the red coat.

The only color in a drab, dark, grey world.
There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Take a trip down the Scenic River

Call me Charlie.
Filmed in my hometown.

You're welcome for the only thing this city has ever contributed to anything or anyone at any time in history.
You're*
I had to watch it for a Sociology class, and I actually really liked it. The main "end" scene (I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it) is probably one of the most moving things I've ever seen.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
I found it weird watching this in a class room setting - though there are way worse things to watch I guess.
Quote by metal4life592
I had to watch it for a Sociology class, and I actually really liked it. The main "end" scene (I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it) is probably one of the most moving things I've ever seen.

I teared up, almost cried.

I went to lunch and everyone at my table was solemn, my friend said, "Man that last seen, it just exploded, I almost cried"

It's a great thing, what Schindler did.
Quote by Seryaph

Thats one of the parts I remember.
I haven't seen it in a few years though.
I'm doing a paper for my film studies class and I'm going over Man Vs Man conflict

I was going to use Oscar and Amon as the example, but they seeemed to be on the same page through out the film, even though Oscar was scamming Amon. They did have differing opinions towards the end, when Amons camp was shut down and he wouldn't help Oscar get his workers back. But I can't really find "conflict" you know, since they were friends.
We had to watch it in english class

it was a very depressing movie

but it was a great thing that schindler did
Do you like Bagpipes?

Good for you

Quote by postmortem2006
Perfect metal stereotype;

If you have long hair, apparently your music goes RAGHHHHHRAGHRARGHRARGHHHHHHH.

Quote by Survivalism
Filmed in my hometown.

You're welcome for the only thing this city has ever contributed to anything or anyone at any time in history.

I'd like to take this moment to retract this statement, I was thinking of The Shawshank Redemption because I'm stupid.
You're*
It's off topic, but anyone who liked Schindler's List should probably check out The Pianist as well. It's not as good as Schindler's List, obviously, but it's a great movie, especially for a musician.
Quote by Glen'sHeroicAct
It's off topic, but anyone who liked Schindler's List should probably check out The Pianist as well. It's not as good as Schindler's List, obviously, but it's a great movie, especially for a musician.

It is a great movie.
Quote by Glen'sHeroicAct

I liked The Pianist alot more actually. Where Schindler's List tells the story of Schindler and all the things he did, The Pianist i felt gave a very real feel as to how it would be like to be in the Holocaust and puts you in Spielman's shoes.
There's no death, no end of time when I'm facing it with you...
Last edited by Pookie6 at Feb 14, 2009,
I laughed alot when I watched Schindlers list. Especially that scene where the train with women and children got redirected to a concentration camp.

I'm an asshole
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by Seryaph

That scene is amazing. The music also adds a lot to it. It's an Yiddish lullaby song.

By the way, in my city lives the only Argentinian Schidndler's survivor. He talked during the local Holocaust memorial ceremony.
Schindler's wife also lived in Argentina. I think that it's shameful that she died in poverty.

Actually, I don't think that most of you know that Schindler's life ended up as a tragedy. In 1948 Oskar and his wife emigrated to Argentina. There they went bankrupt and he left his wife to return to Germany. There he tried many times to make a successful business, but none of them worked.
He ended up living with his friends, and when he died, the city had to pay for his stay in the hospital .

It's so sad that the lives of such a good man and woman ended up like this after all they did.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Last edited by urik at Feb 14, 2009,
someone told me it was a comedy?
Quote by scott58
Worst? I don't know. My buddies old MG 10 until we turned it into a cup holder and ash tray.
Quote by TDKshorty

Oscar's affairs?

Thoughts? lol

Reasons I will not watch it.