Page 1 of 2
So I took my girlfriend out and we were at the movies, making out, holding hands, talking to each other, all that stuff. Then the movies over, I take her home and everything seems like its perfect. we kiss good night, shes smiling, etc.

Then she texts me about 15 minutes later once I get into my house and says this:

"i decided i only like you as a friend and I want to break up. "

1 year and 7 months of dating and I get broken up through text on valentines day?!

pit what do I do
wow... not to make you feel terrible, but there's probably another guy.
don't worry about.... as i always say:
bros before hos
Quote by The_Bosstone
So I took my girlfriend out and we were at the movies, making out, holding hands, talking to each other, all that stuff. Then the movies over, I take her home and everything seems like its perfect. we kiss good night, shes smiling, etc.

Then she texts me about 15 minutes later once I get into my house and says this:

"i decided i only like you as a friend and I want to break up. "

1 year and 7 months of dating and I get broken up through text?!

pit what do I do

dude, that really sux.
i wish i knew what to tell u thar. thats pretty mest up. sorry dude.
hugging thread? I dunno what else you can do
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Go outside her house and throw rocks at her window. When she opens the window and asks what you want, hit her in the face with a rock.
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
What a bitch. That sucks balls, man.

At least now you know what her true colours are. In some screwed up sense, maybe she's even done you a favour.
Quote by SoWrongItsMatt
Go outside her house and throw rocks at her window. When she opens the window and asks what you want, hit her in the face with a rock.

win. lol
either someone got a hold of her phone, her parents forced it, or yeah, theres more meat in the package then when you bought it
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.
That sucks, man.

Obviously she just doesn't have strong feelings for you if she's going to break it off with you that heartlessly.

Just play some guitar or hang out with some friends. Don't sit around thinking about her.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by SoWrongItsMatt

i lol'd soooo hard

That really sucks man. If you really want to talk about it with a good group of guys, go to the Hugging Thread.
Wow what a bitch. I suggest destroying her life.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
That sucks. Text her back and say something that will make her feel bad, which is obviously what she was trying to avoid by not breaking up with you face to face.
The softest of blankets is six feet of soil.

Upcoming Shows:
Sasquatch! Festival - May 2013
That's messed up. I really hope she didn't wait until after the date just so she could have a date/something to do for the holiday. You should demand compensation for any money you spent on her.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
i lol'd a little bit...thanks for making my valentines day better

edit: sorry i'm a piece of ****. tell that bitch that you have syphilis and tell her to get checked immediately.
Quote by Spoony_Bard
I hate that...actually I just hate anyone under the age of 16

Quote by RockGuitar92
Just get it cut a little. It will grow back. Besides why is it so important to look metal? That's just retarded.

Gear in profile
Last edited by masturnate42 at Feb 14, 2009,
Whatever you do. Do not get back together with her. I know a guy who constantly got back together with his girlfriend until she decided to cheat on him with a guy she met at a party.

And the worst part was that she was the one who broke up with him that last time.
If he ever gets back together with her, I'm gonna slap some sense into him. Girls like that are not worth anybody's time.

Oh, and she broke up with him through Facebook.
Quote by masturnate42
i lol'd a little bit...thanks for making my valentines day better

Uncool
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Last edited by Karvid at Feb 14, 2009,
Quote by cook94
there's probably another guy.

This.

Quote by cook94

bros before hos

And that. I know it's cliche and a stupid thing to actually say to someone, but it's great advice. Don't focus all of your attention on some girl who's probably going to screw you over like this, because you'll realize "holy shit, I forgot to make any friends." Been there.
You're*
Seriously, take it in a civilized manner.

don't do anything that will hurt anybody, you or her, and talk to her I guess.
I was gonna post my last.fm but I figured I would get slammed for listening to the wrong shit
Quote by tayroar
Wow what a bitch. I suggest destroying her life.

+1
The religious myth is the most powerful device ever created, and serves as the psychological soil upon which other myths can flourish.
Double check that it's her number. I've heard of a TON of pranks where a friend takes your phone and switches names in the address book then texts from a GFs name and pretends to break up with you. There are many variations, but just look out for that one.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
well i'm drunk and talking to my ex so yeah its probly a bad isea but hey
Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by bass-boy-garith
well done mr. kiss my bass, well done
What did you say back?

I would go for a simple 'wow' if I were you. Maybe it will leave her feeling like ****.
LARGE TEXT
it's possible that someone took her phone, maybe her brother or something and decided to be an ass.

does she have a brother or sister? or maybe even her dad.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Quote by Survivalism
This.

And that. I know it's cliche and a stupid thing to actually say to someone, but it's great advice. Don't focus all of your attention on some girl who's probably going to screw you over like this, because you'll realize "holy shit, I forgot to make any friends." Been there.

This is one of a few posts from you lately that seem heartfelt rather than sarcastic and/or mean spirited. Everything alright?

EDIT: And cook94, that would have been a plan I would have praised for if you didn't get it from a Swiffer commercial.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Last edited by terrencemaddox at Feb 14, 2009,
actually, the norm answer for the pit would be rape, but i imagine you two have knocked boots many times seeing you've dated for a year and 7 months, so i suppose you just step it right up to murder.
10/7/07- Van Halen
3/16/08- Iron Maiden
1/9/09- AC/DC
7/8/09- Judas Priest
11/10/09- Metallica
7/3/10- Iron Maiden
7/24/10- Rush
4/15/11- Rush-

Quote by LordBishek
with a penis as small as mine, I don't have a very humorous take on the world.
drink lots of whiskey

honestly.

n then whatever u do isnt ur fault it'll b the drinks

n tell every1 her secrets
damn that sucks.
but has your little brother suddenly decided that you and your gf where usnig his bed to ****?... mine is.
Quote by Devix_SG
+1

+1000000000000000000000000 no?
Quote by Allnightmask22

Alternatively, have your friends hold him down, then take a dump in his mouth, make sure your genitals don't touch him though, that's gay.

Quote by RageAgainst...
Teddy-Metal
for those who like to mosh, but just wanna cuddle afterwards

smashing pumkins fans=)^
Wait a month then call her say "I know it's been a while but you should probably get tested."
all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way
That is just cruel. . . .

Are you sure someone else didnt get a hold of her phone or something?
Quote by xander307
that wasnt scary daryldom, it turned me on

Proud Canadian Eh?
cliché, commercial bitch!

Tell her to be more creative next time...

Quote by Smokey Amp
Just play some guitar or hang out with some friends. Don't sit around wanking about her.

Fixed - even better advice now son.
Yeah?

Well I don't have a girlfriend.
OPINIONATED STATEMENT

Meaningful Song Lyrics
Inside my signature
Make me look deep
And misunderstood

Quote by Pannenkoeken
Out of context hilarious quote!

Quote by Pannenkoeken
Out of context compliment!