Played the cube at a guitar store, sounded much better than my crappy sp-10 and the mg's they had at the store. I'm thinking of getting the 20x but i hear good things about vypyrs and demos on youtube sound good but theres no stores near me that stock them and amps are ungodly expensive here in Australia so i'm looking at amps you americans would call cheap. I play mostly rock and punk but i'd like a wide variety of sounds but i am not interested in metal at all, should i order a vypyr online or buy the 20x, keeping in mind that the 20x and vypyr 15w are 350 and the 30w of both are 550 (i know, highway robbery.) Just for home use with a squier strat btw.
The 30w versions of the Vypyr and the cube are 10x better than the 15w version (including the 20w)

if you dont like metal i suggest saving up some more and buy a Roland Cube 30x..
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Cube.
Quote by Sid McCall
Yeah, they don't arrest/ticket hobos because they can't pay the fines. Then they hang out in the jail all day eating free food. There's no point.

Quote by Brendan.Clace
Oh god...this thread....it is going places....
Quote by guitar-godfrey
where are vypyrs $550? ive only seen em for like $700 which is soo f**cked up

in america its only $199...........
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
for the guy up there i just found a place in melb that sells cube 30x for 400 n guitar.com has vyper 30x for 550. Also, i want to play the amp before i buy it and you have to add in postage but you are right, it would be far cheaper to import. If you're in melb godfrey Music Junction (they have a website) in hawthorn are good but they don't have peavey.
Vypyr - NOT just for metal. Great all round amp. i got my 30 watt for $400 AU from a store in Sydney. If you would like, i can try and find the store that i bought it from.
Greco 59-50 Mint Collection - 1982 - Iron Gear Hot Slag/Rolling Mill
Schecter Tempest Classic Goldtop
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB/EF86 2x12 - Lorantz Greenback's
MI Audio Blues Pro Overdrive

Quote by Danyg
^ this guy defines the term "being right".
Just looked at the micro cube, same price as 30x. I don't need the extra wattage and if i play anywhere it'd be at school n i could hook it up to the PA. Tbh i'm leaning away from the 20x having heard the AC/DC sounds coming out of the classic stack setting on youtube. And to the guy above how much do you reckon shipping would be (to melb.)
Quote by Jono_ACDC
Just looked at the micro cube, same price as 30x. I don't need the extra wattage and if i play anywhere it'd be at school n i could hook it up to the PA. Tbh i'm leaning away from the 20x having heard the AC/DC sounds coming out of the classic stack setting on youtube. And to the guy above how much do you reckon shipping would be (to melb.)

ahh. i got myn delivered to Melbourne aswell. $37 postage. ill look for the store and ill message you the info and stuff.

Quote by Danyg
ive found the site.

http://www.musicworkshopsydney.com

their at $483 at the moment. I got myn for $407 (buy it now) off ebay. You could give them a ring and ask next time there putting them on, or try and get it cheaper mabye? sorry i wasnt more helpful.

i highly reccomend getting a VYpyr though, Great amps with a huge variety of options to tweak ur tone.

Message me if you need any more information about the shipping or anything like that.

Quote by Danyg
Thanks DiizZ i'll just see if i can find a store with cubes, vypyrs and VT's (that seems to be the recommendations) so far i've found cubes and VT's but at different stores and i'd like to play them side by side if possible. In any case, good find mate and thanks