I'm looking for a new amp that I can use for band practice and maybe small gigs. I play alot of punk rock and the RC6 sounds amazing to me from what I've heard. The only thing is that it's pretty expensive and has a load of effects I'll probably never touch. Any other amps similar to the Roland Cube that keeps the sound but without all the other crap?
^budget??
genres you play???
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
What do you meen by "sound" and "other crap" because the Cube is a modeler if I remember correctly.

Edit: ^he mentioned genres, but yes. Budget pls.
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
Last edited by Greenwood991 at Feb 14, 2009,
Vypyr, if you play metal.
Cube, if you play metal/rock.
Vox Valvetronix if you want nice cleans and a lot of variety.

Honestly, if you can, get a tube amp. B-52 AT112/212 if you can find one, and you like to play high-gain music.

Once again, give us a budget and style of music and we'll help you out better.

EDIT: punk, rock huh?

Definitely try the Vox then.
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

Fender American Strat/Tele->Vox V847 Wah->EH LPB-1->BK Butler Tube Driver->Big Muff Pi->MXR Carbon Copy->EH Small Clone->Vox AC30/Orange Tiny Terror/Blues Deluxe RI
Last edited by djszkoda at Feb 14, 2009,
My bad, forgot the budget. Probably around 200-400, maybe 500$ if it's really good even though the point of looking for a different one other than the Roland Cube 60 is partially because of price.

As said, yes lots of Punk and high-gained music. I'll check out the Vox.
Check out the vypyr aswell.
Greco 59-50 Mint Collection - 1982 - Iron Gear Hot Slag/Rolling Mill
Schecter Tempest Classic Goldtop
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB/EF86 2x12 - Lorantz Greenback's
MI Audio Blues Pro Overdrive

Quote by Danyg
^ this guy defines the term "being right".
actually for the money a cube 60 is a great amp. tube is really nice, but the cube sounds really great and can do so much on it's own without any pedals. If you don't really want to get the cube but want something similar, try a Vox, I've heard lots of good stuff about them and the couple of times I played on one they were pretty sweet.
My Gear:
Fender Stratocaster Deluxe HSS
Hagstrom HIIN
Crate Palomino V32H w/ matching cab.
Roland Cube 60
Roland Micro Cube
BOSS ME-20
Digitech Bad Monkey
Art and Lutherie acoustic
Hmm for that much you could probably get an entry level tube or a decent tube used.
Check out the B-52s.
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
Quote by Boredom210
My bad, forgot the budget. Probably around 200-400, maybe 500$ if it's really good even though the point of looking for a different one other than the Roland Cube 60 is partially because of price.

As said, yes lots of Punk and high-gained music. I'll check out the Vox.

check the newer Vox VT50 modeling amp it has more amp models and does metal/punk better than the ADVT series
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
I still say go tube if you can.

If not, I'll be the first to say, I was heavily impressed by the VT series.
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

Fender American Strat/Tele->Vox V847 Wah->EH LPB-1->BK Butler Tube Driver->Big Muff Pi->MXR Carbon Copy->EH Small Clone->Vox AC30/Orange Tiny Terror/Blues Deluxe RI
The Vypyr 75 doesn't sound too bad, I'll get to looking for a tube amp. As for the price, scratch that. The only thing about the Roland Cube is the unneccecary effects. I'd pay for it, I just feel that a large part of the price is because of all the extra things that I'll never use. So basically I'm looking for a Roland without the effects, if possible.