I'm getting a new guitar, my price range is 300-400 bucks, and I really can't go over. I play everything, and I really dont want a stratocaster cause my ibanez is a strat ripoff.
My gear:

Memphis les paul (fixin it up as we speak!)
Schecter C1 plus
Ibanez RX 240 (been sold)
Peavey envoy 110 (Pretty dang good!)
Some washburn acoustic...
a used mim telecaster yummy. Telecasters can destroy the blues end and can do iron maiden metal and everything in between. I may be a little biased as i just got one
I would say a good shecter or a used PRS. I have both and they are very versatile.
You play metal - ESP LTD should be a no brainer.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-SG-Standard-S.O.R-Electric-Guitar?sku=512455

looks like a pretty nice guitar for the price. good pups, many tonal possibilities.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Goth-1958-Explorer-Hardtail-Electric-Guitar?sku=517235

also a pretty cool looking guitar. epiphones and cheap ibanez's are about as far as yur gonna get for 300-400 bucks.
Save Gibson

^Do it, if you want Gibson to stop with the poor QC and terrible new guitars...
Telecaster
G400
Without spiritual mentoring, too much freedom can lead to the soul's decay
- Prince
Quote by strat0blaster
You play metal - ESP LTD should be a no brainer.

I dont just play metal, i play metal to country, basically everything..
My gear:

Schecter C1 plus
Quote by Pac_man0123
Metal is a lot different from country...

I say get a new amp and a used... something.. idk. I started to type strat but then remembered you don't want one...

I don't need a new amp, I mean i only play in my basement, and it's got a nice sound. and I don't want a strat cause i essentially have one.
My gear:

Schecter C1 plus
So you don't want a strat cos you sorta have one, right? why do you want another guitar if you have one?
Quote by TieMyRope669
So you don't want a strat cos you sorta have one, right? why do you want another guitar if you have one?
upgrade, mine isn't exactly the greatest thing in the world, and since my parents said they'd give me 200 bucks towards it for my b-day, I decided i'd get one. I'm leaning towards the g-400.
My gear:

Schecter C1 plus
Quote by camhussynec
epiphone SG G-310

Look at his sig, he's got a G400.

I assume both of his guitars are humbuckers so for country get a guitar with single coils like the tele.

EDIT: I thought you got a G400 for 2 months so that was a countdown?
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
Last edited by OldRocker at Feb 14, 2009,
Quote by OldRocker
Look at his sig, he's got a G400.

I assume both of his guitars are humbuckers so for country get a guitar with single coils like the tele.

nono, i WANT g-400, thats what im leaning towards
My gear:

Schecter C1 plus
Quote by fishburn
Telecaster but i'm biased as well.

I should have also mentioned, I really don't like telecasters, i don't like the design, and i'd rather the guitar have at least 22 frets, prefieriably 24, and telecasters have 21.
My gear:

Schecter C1 plus
Quote by fishburn
Mmmm my Tele has 22 frets but.......why not look at a Les Paul

I don't know, everyone around here has one. Everyone in general has one. Les Paul's dont intrest me, I mean, I love the look of them and all, but I know from friends and experience, 300-400 dollar les pauls have very mediocore pickups and tuners compared to SG's at that price and stuff. Not dissing les paul's though, nice guitars.
My gear:

Schecter C1 plus
Yeah, go for Schecter or LTD.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
There are people in this world who don't feel it necessary to vomit sunshine 24 hours a day. I'm one of them.

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
Look at a washburn idol they have coil taps so they have really good range. Washburn also gives you the most for your money.
UG's Prodigal Son
Guys, just so you know, my playing has changed, I just play metal and rock now mainly. I'm looking into an esp ex 401 right now, just an fyi...
My gear:

Schecter C1 plus
Quote by dwmacfar2
Guys, just so you know, my playing has changed, I just play metal and rock now mainly. I'm looking into an esp ex 401 right now, just an fyi...

alright I still suggest a washburn idol because it handles those really well plus if your playing style changes again you won't be ****ed.

also if you find a deal on ebay you might be able to find a used 80's ibanez artist (also known as the les paul killer but it's double cut so it doesn't look like a les paul plus MIJ quality) if you look hard enough you might be able to find one in your price range, although they usually go for $400-$500
UG's Prodigal Son