i really didnt want to make a thread just for this, but i need help finding pups. i play lots of metal like as blood runs black but like to play other stuff too. my amp is a crate GFX 212. they gotta be like 60$ for the pair, but will look at stuff a little higher, to around 100 for pair. i know this is really low, but im broke
There's a site just for you... www.guitarfetish.com

Check out their GFS pickups, they're generally decided to be the best value for the price
Quote by tjfishrocker
Coolcat i want to make love to you right now.

Quote by Natrone

Anyone else see the irony in smashing a guitar that says "peace and love" ?
Quote by Coolcat13
There's a site just for you... www.guitarfetish.com

Check out their GFS pickups, they're generally decided to be the best value for the price

lol. did and the crunchy rails and power rails are both out of stock on the neck? humbucker and the other black pickups arnt high enough output. lol
According to the word around here, their rail pickups blow. their higher gain pole piece pickups should do, giving you more clarity when hyper-distorted than the uber high gain rail pickups anyway.

Says the guy with a DiMarzio D Activator X
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by Coolcat13
Hmm... then maybe http://store.guitarfetish.com/alfatpafbohu.html or http://store.guitarfetish.com/crpafhublbrp.html ? Nearly the same power as the rails, bot quite but close

thanks to you and above poster. which would be better for me? lol. sorry pup noob.

and are the pickups from a Schecter omen 6 guitar good?
I couldn't tell you about the Scheter pups, I've only played around with them at the store, never owned or knew anyone who did

And that second pair seems like it's more made for metal... And since it's four wires, it gives you the option for coil tapping, so you could get one real versatile guitar that could go from metal to blues (I'm not sure if you even do blues or anything, but you know )
Quote by tjfishrocker

Quote by Natrone

Quote by Coolcat13
I couldn't tell you about the Scheter pups, I've only played around with them at the store, never owned or knew anyone who did

And that second pair seems like it's more made for metal... And since it's four wires, it gives you the option for coil tapping, so you could get one real versatile guitar that could go from metal to blues (I'm not sure if you even do blues or anything, but you know )

lol. i like to play lots of stuff. can you explain coil tapping to me please? lol. or link to a thread that does, one thing im horrible at is electronics. it sounds cool though
In simplest terms, it's being able to break a humbucker up into its seperate coils... Splitting a humbucker will essentially allow you to go from humbucker to single coil with the pull of a knob/flip of a switch
Quote by tjfishrocker

Quote by Natrone

Quote by Coolcat13
In simplest terms, it's being able to break a humbucker up into its seperate coils... Splitting a humbucker will essentially allow you to go from humbucker to single coil with the pull of a knob/flip of a switch

thats awesome. dang i wanna do that. how hard is it to do? and a push/pull pot 500k?
well, here's a diagram if you use a push/pull pot (And yeah, they're 500K) http://www.seymourduncan.com/images/support/schematics/2h_1v_1t_3w.jpg

It changes depending on your volume/tone control layout, but that's the basic idea
Quote by tjfishrocker

Quote by Natrone

Quote by Coolcat13
well, here's a diagram if you use a push/pull pot (And yeah, they're 500K) http://www.seymourduncan.com/images/support/schematics/2h_1v_1t_3w.jpg

It changes depending on your volume/tone control layout, but that's the basic idea

lol. yeah. thanks a ton for the help man. prolly gonna go for those pups.

one other thing does this http://store.guitarfetish.com/usastlespato1.html work the same way as a regular three way switch? the one that you have to route(?) a line out of the top? its for a prs, the type for those

and which pot needs to have the .047 cap on it(transistor cap? what is it?), volume or tone
Last edited by tjfishrocker at Feb 14, 2009,
The tone needs the capacitor on it... And yeah, that's a regular 3way switch, for back routing or front with a pickguard
Quote by tjfishrocker

Quote by Natrone

Quote by Coolcat13
The tone needs the capacitor on it... And yeah, that's a regular 3way switch, for back routing or front with a pickguard

Quote by tjfishrocker

Happy to help
Quote by tjfishrocker

Quote by Natrone