Ok, I'm going to jam next week with a kid I recently met at school who happens to play guitar.

Only problem is... he doesn't own an amp (he actually owns a Ibanez starter pack amp but that doesn't count.)

Yep, so I might bring my guitar amp and my bro's bass amp to jam, I probably will use the bass amp so I'm wondering if I put a Epiphone Les Paul Custom through a BOSS MT-2 though my bro's bass amp will it damage it in any way?

I know guitars can be played through them but I'm not sure of the pedal...
Quote by Bartleby
i tune to drop-Z and string my guitar with barbed wire.

Quote by UncleCthulhu
we r all rlaeted bcuz teh bibel sez so we r al innbreads lolo

Prime Minister of Puppets of The Australia FTW Club

One of The 9 Winners of the Official 5th MOD Contest
It will probably be fine.
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
It should be fine..
Quote by Sid McCall
Yeah, they don't arrest/ticket hobos because they can't pay the fines. Then they hang out in the jail all day eating free food. There's no point.

Quote by Brendan.Clace
Oh god...this thread....it is going places....
I need to know if it will definitely be ok, because I'm not sure because it's a pedal for GUITAR effects, not bass.

Also it's my bro's amp, I screw it up, I'm ****ed.
Quote by Bartleby

Quote by UncleCthulhu

It will be 100%, completely fine. You can't play a Bass through a guitar amp (without a specifically designed speaker), but guitar through a bass will cause no damage.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Quote by GNRjungle87
Won't damage it, but it will sound like crap.

Actually, bass amps sound amazing with guitar played through it. It will sound gnarley (like the last poster said). I actually know a guy who uses an MT-2 through a bass stack in a grindcore band and it sounds great.
when i first started playing i played bass, but soon after switched over to guitar so my first set up was a boss ds-1 through a peavey max 126(bass amp). sounded a hell of a lot better then the squier sp-10(terrible starter guitar amp) my brother had from his first guitar pack.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Thanks guys, I might try it tomorrow
Quote by Bartleby

Quote by UncleCthulhu

I can't stand that pedal, but in all honesty it'd probably sound ok!

The biggest problem with the MT2 is it's pissweak thin, fizzy tone - stick that through a bass amp with decent speakers and the improved low end resonance might actually compensate for the pedals biggest flaws.

Might be crap too.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
Actually, bass amps sound amazing with guitar played through it. It will sound gnarley (like the last poster said). I actually know a guy who uses an MT-2 through a bass stack in a grindcore band and it sounds great.