if this is covered in another thread or if im posting in the wrong forum, i appologize
butt...

i have a quick vocal question. I sing in a thrash-y kind of band and now i sing ontop of playing bass. I've been singing a little less than a year now, and noticed that when i sing, it's as loud as me yelling. I remember reading somewhere that singing should only be as loud as a loud talking voice.

is it a bad habit to be singing that loud?
My You'll be the Baddest Dude in Revere!

My Gear:
-Fender Mexican Stratocaster
-Silvertone Paul Stanley Signature Acoustic
-Fender Princeton 65w
-DOD Death Metal
Last edited by The_Seventh_Sin at Feb 14, 2009,
I've been told be as loud as I can without yelling, unless yelling is the sound you want. But from personal experience as soon as your low notes are making the ground shake through the P.A., your microphone has enough power to work with. It's not all that loud either, just practice it
Doowop dooby doo doowop doowah doolang
Blue days black nights doowah doolang!
Last edited by 68_SG at Feb 14, 2009,
alright thanks man
My You'll be the Baddest Dude in Revere!

My Gear:
-Fender Mexican Stratocaster
-Silvertone Paul Stanley Signature Acoustic
-Fender Princeton 65w
-DOD Death Metal
you'll proly throw ur voice out pretty quickly if u play a long set
but if it sounds great, keep going
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
its not so much that i feel guilty about masturbating, its the things that i masturbate to that make me feel guilty.
Quote by 68_SG
I've been told be as loud as I can without yelling, unless yelling is the sound you want.

this
Well yelling can be bad depending on what part of your vocal register your using. If your a tenor, you have to be more careful than if your a bass/baritone. And always do vocal warm ups before singing, simple stuff like scales, and triads. And use your diaphragm, drink water while singing/yelling
Please ask/post in the Only Vocal Thread Sticky. Thank you.
DANNY

Quote by kevinm4435 to some guy
hey d00d i herd u dont like shred u r a genius 4 thinkin dat. all shred is fukin lame wit no soul u no wat im sayin??