So yeah, I had my 1st gig today at a house party the next town over, and I'm utterly exhausted from it. It went a lot better than either my drummer and I could have ever hoped. There were about 20-30 people there and they all loved our stuff. Since our bassist and singer couldn't make it, we just did all instrumental stuff (which is all our stuff is right now anyway).

We went on 1st before 2 other bands and did an instrumental intro we came up with during the hour or so of practice we had before the other bands had their practice session. After that we slowed it down a bit with an acoustic song we came up with a while ago, then went into our cover of Aerials by System Of A Down, and went into a fast paced, heavy Drop D song, and ended with something we came up with on the spot which was similar to the last song we played but my drummer and I went into crazy solos at the end and it drove the (small) crowd nuts. We're also working on 1 or 2 more originals and trying to decide between a few more covers to do. Our choices are as follows:

Dammit- Blink 182 (this was actually the 1st song we both learned all the way through and I haven't kept up with it by playing it in a while and have to re-learn it, but it's at the top of our list for the next cover)

A Little Bitter- Alice In Chains (my drummer's willing to learn it but it'll take him some time)

For Whom The Bell Tolls, or Through The Never- Metallica (It'll take me some time to learn the entire solo on TTN, but I can pretty much play FWTBT right now, it just needs some work)

Breaking The Law- Judas Priest

My question is which should be the next cover we should do, and what advice can you guys give me on getting more gigs outside of a house party once or twice a month (it's gonna be at the same house and we've actually been allowed to practice there after the kid who lives there's band is done practicing)?

We just need to nail down a reliable bassist and singer, and possibly a 2nd guitarist and we should be good, but sh*t's finally starting to come together for us.
Question not yourself. Challenge those who would deny you your true self for an independent thinker is the greatest enemy to those who seek to control you
well there nice choices as your new you want to stick to frly genreic /mainstream stuff so you build a rep before trying more obscure/rissky/original stuff. try to phase in your own stuff.

i'd go for dammit,it gets the audience pumped they know it so they can shout along and know when to start jumping around etc etc plus its not overly difficult so you can spend time refining your other bits but by the sound of it you guys have your head screwed on and are pretty talented. You'll be fine and well done
Quote by imdeth
Centorium you dick
I keep lookin behind me,You're amazing at this

Quote by Aerokizzombie
Dam,Cent, ur repeating man scares the shit out of me, its so true

Quote by CodChick
Omg Cent,Ive been havin nightmares because of u

Quote by MCMXCII
**** you man,I was just going to bed

I'm scary
Quote by centorium
well there nice choices as your new you want to stick to frly genreic /mainstream stuff so you build a rep before trying more obscure/rissky/original stuff. try to phase in your own stuff.

i'd go for dammit,it gets the audience pumped they know it so they can shout along and know when to start jumping around etc etc plus its not overly difficult so you can spend time refining your other bits but by the sound of it you guys have your head screwed on and are pretty talented. You'll be fine and well done

Yeah, Dammit kinda caters more towards the crowd we're playing for at the moment, so I figured it'd be the best choice.
Question not yourself. Challenge those who would deny you your true self for an independent thinker is the greatest enemy to those who seek to control you