seems like my bridge humbucker produces a colossal amount of hum and hiss for a pickup that's supposed to cancel the noise.
i did all the wiring myself and i'm pretty sure its grounded all properly.
it doesn't make a difference if i'm touching the strings or bridge at all. it just produces a lot of noise.
there is of course the natural amp hiss, but this is coming from the humbucker its self.

also, if i'm facing directly towards the amp, then the noise is bearable. but if i turn in either direction then the noise comes back.
i don't have any flourescent lights on, and i've tried it in other wall outlets. also, my amp is plugged thru a power conditioner.

i'm at the point where i feel like i want to strip my guitar down and rewire the whole thing from scratch.

edit, this is in high-gain mode.
Last edited by sethp at Feb 14, 2009,
humbuckers should have almost no noise. are you using a booster, overdrive, or distortion pedal? that can cause massive noise.

you most likely grounded it wrong or not well. if theyre active, the battery cant touch the pots or the metal part of the wires. you gotta get foam for that. maybe wires are ripping. maybe bad cable. endless possibilities. check everything i said though
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
None..
Quote by Sid McCall
Yeah, they don't arrest/ticket hobos because they can't pay the fines. Then they hang out in the jail all day eating free food. There's no point.

Quote by Brendan.Clace
Oh god...this thread....it is going places....
Quote by apak
humbuckers should have almost no noise. are you using a booster, overdrive, or distortion pedal? that can cause massive noise.

you most likely grounded it wrong or not well. if theyre active, the battery cant touch the pots or the metal part of the wires. you gotta get foam for that. maybe wires are ripping. maybe bad cable. endless possibilities. check everything i said though

if it was a bad ground wouldn't it have an effect if i touched the strings or the bridge or the vol/tone knobs?

maybe i'll just start all over then, cuz its driving me nuts

pickups are passives
If I were you I would just re-solder everything and see if it still happens.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.