Hey everybody. I have a to do a research paper on Hamlet by William Shakespeare. For my topic I have to prove whether or not prince Hamlet's feigning madness turns into real madness. I was just wondering how hard it will be to do either.

do it on this, and say you got confused

EDIT:
Quote by Erik_Aero
Excruciatingly hard.

tehehe
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
Depends on your own thoughts and how you responded to the play. One person may say it's absurd while another would argue it was a likely occurance. Use what you initially thought and back it up with excerpts of the text that you thought applicable.
You can't objectively prove an interpretation of a text - that assignment is retarded.

Decide which one of the options you think, and give as much evidence from the text to support it as possible. It's probably easier to argue that his feigned madness becomes real, but either should be quite doable.
write about how if people asked direct questions everyone would have lived
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Hamlet is a tiny piece of ham. I don't know what you guys are talking about.
Quote by mp33
Hamlet is a tiny piece of ham. I don't know what you guys are talking about.

this isn't funny, but it sure made me laugh.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Quote by troubletcat
You can't objectively prove an interpretation of a text - that assignment is retarded.

i don't think the right word was "proof"... seems to me it's more likely that TS got confused between a persuasive paper and a research paper.

to TS: i'd say it would be easier to prove that it does. you could reference Kesey's One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest as a sorta flip-side idea of the whole thing. McMurphy was treated as if he was actually insane in that book and eventually developed a sort of insanity, so that's something to fall back on.

honestly though, i don't know. just think about it a bit and decide for yourself.
⚑⚑⚑⚑⚑
I can't answer your question but if you look at Ophelia, she does all the classic, for that period, signs of 'madness' whilst Hamlet's madness doesn't. Don't know what you want to take away from that, but it might be good to look at.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
The beautiful thing about Shakespeare is that you can pretty make an argument about any take on the book. You can say he'd dead ****in nuts or that he acctually was sane.
1996 Fender American Telecaster
Schecter Omen 6
VOX AC-15
Alvarez PF2005
1985 PROCO RAT II
BOSS DS-1, DD3, SD-1, TU-3, NS-2
Danelectro Overdrive
Jimi Hendrix Wah
EHX LPB-1
MXR Supercomp