I'm flying over to Wales in March, and I'm going to be spending a couple of days in Cardiff. My main question: Can anyone recommend any places to visit or fun things to do in Cardiff?

Thanks
theres an awesome guitar shop in Cardiff, but i forgot what its called... or even where it is... sorry dude. i don't live in Cardiff i live in Pembrokeshire which is about a 2 hours drive away.
Quote by tinypants
I'm flying over to Wales in March, and I'm going to be spending a couple of days in Cardiff. My main question: Can anyone recommend any places to visit or fun things to do in Cardiff?

Thanks

Sheep.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Gamlins and Cranes are ok as far as guitar shops go, there's also a really small one that I can't remember the name of, which is well worth going to because the owners don't seem to like people being in their shop.

There are some pretty good pubs in the centre of Cardiff, the Prince of Wales Wetherspoons (by the train station) is quite rough(although that may have something to do with me being there in the middle of the day on a Tuesday last time I was there), funny though, some nutter was trying to pick a fight with two def people. Clwb Ifor Bach, Barfly and Metros have pretty good rock nights (better than most places in Swansea anyway).

If you're there on a Friday night though I'd reccomend getting a train to Swansea (about an hour away) and going to a pub called The Office, it's a bit of a dive but it's awesome, always has a band or two and is pretty cheap, then to either Sin City (metal/rock night, good for 18-early 20's) or The Monkey (could be playing anything from rock to hip hop to drum n bass), slightly older crowd+you don't have to go out of the club to smoke because there's a weird balcony thing.

Just noticed where you're from... You're going to be cold man
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Quote by Minkaro
They film Doctor Who in Cardiff.

This is likely to be of absolutely no use to you at all though. Just thought you'd like to know that.

The one thing I was definitely going to do was hit up the Doctor Who exhibition.....
Millenium Stadium
My setup:

Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Epiphone Les Paul Negative
VOX Valvetronix VT-30
Fulltone OCD
Boss FZ-5
Just walk up to everyone and talk about how all english people are pigs. They will all be nice to you then.
Call me Jack
Quote by tinypants

Thanks

I hear there's something good about fields full of sheep in Wales, I'm not sure
If life gives you oranges, say "f*ck oranges" and bail.

Hey You!
Seriously I live in North Wales, it's a lot better than South Wales but I suppose your mind is made up.

I don't like Cardiff personally but all of my friend would like to shag it as hard as their herd of sheep. There are some cool things about, bar-wise and the castle is supposed to be nice...

At least Wales won in the rugby.

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.
I was much too far out all my life
I'm in Cardiff
Do me

Aha nah
There's nothing I can think of, the castle might be worth a look, the museum is free and actually quite enjoyable.
Beyond that I honestly can't think of much, there's Gamlins, Cranes and GM all down one road, all are interesting enough for 2 or 3 minutes
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
Seriously I live in North Wales, it's a lot better than South Wales but I suppose your mind is made up.

I don't like Cardiff personally but all of my friend would like to shag it as hard as their herd of sheep. There are some cool things about, bar-wise and the castle is supposed to be nice...

At least Wales won in the rugby.

Fuck... you've got electricity?! How did that happen
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Quote by faultyy
Gamlins and Cranes are ok as far as guitar shops go, there's also a really small one that I can't remember the name of, which is well worth going to because the owners don't seem to like people being in their shop.

There are some pretty good pubs in the centre of Cardiff, the Prince of Wales Wetherspoons (by the train station) is quite rough(although that may have something to do with me being there in the middle of the day on a Tuesday last time I was there), funny though, some nutter was trying to pick a fight with two def people. Clwb Ifor Bach, Barfly and Metros have pretty good rock nights (better than most places in Swansea anyway).

If you're there on a Friday night though I'd reccomend getting a train to Swansea (about an hour away) and going to a pub called The Office, it's a bit of a dive but it's awesome, always has a band or two and is pretty cheap, then to either Sin City (metal/rock night, good for 18-early 20's) or The Monkey (could be playing anything from rock to hip hop to drum n bass), slightly older crowd+you don't have to go out of the club to smoke because there's a weird balcony thing.

Just noticed where you're from... You're going to be cold man

This man knows what he's talking about, the other music shop is called G&M music, make sure you go there because it's this guy's right, they seem to have dislike for people in their shop.

The cardiff barfly has a few decent bands fairly often, also theres clwb ifor bach for some gigs.

Can't really think of anywhere else, but have fun yo.
Quote by faultyy
Fuck... you've got electricity?! How did that happen

My great-grandad's in a wheel constantly running to keep the single light on and to run this computer.

Modern stuff in North Wales, we don't even have to share our rooms with the sheep anymore, my house has 2 bedrooms and an inside toilet.

*Stares around proudly*

RMF

By the by, not everyone in GM is a nobsocket
I got my Explorer from there, and honestly, the guy working that day couldn't have been nicer or more helpful, he searched for a gigbag/case for nigh-on 30 minutes for me, he moved the entire window of guitars so I could try the Explorer out (when I'd already said I MIGHT not be buying it), he did absolutely everything he could for me.

However the rest of them, from experience, ARE utter arsebandits.
The same applies for GM in Newport, one of the guys is amazingly nice and a good laugh, the rest deserve a BC Rich up their colon.
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
My great-grandad's in a wheel constantly running to keep the single light on and to run this computer.

Modern stuff in North Wales, we don't even have to share our rooms with the sheep anymore, my house has 2 bedrooms and an inside toilet.

*Stares around proudly*

To be fair to you, your old people are of a far higher quality than ours down south, they seem to have it in their heads that making them run to generate electricity is a breach of their human rights.

Shit man, I'd keep that inside toilet quiet if I was you, they'll accuse you of witchcraft if they find out.

If you're 18 when i visited my friend at cardiff uni i thought the night life there was great.
I'm going to cardiff this weekend. Seeing as it's the capital city there should be a load to do there.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
Quote by Ed Hunter
Sheep.

this.

[/hilarious stereotype]
My red is so confident that he flashes trophies of war and
ribbons of euphoria
As long as you are 18 you will have a good time at night.

RMF