This may seem like an odd question, but has anyone ever seen or heard of tuners that lock, but lock the actual button in place as well? So if you were to bump the button of the tuner off something, you wouldn't risk moving it and putting the guitar out of tune.
I apologize if these are common or something, but I can't seem to find them.
Because they don't really exist?
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
wouldn't a locking nut accomplish that ?
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by mikeyElite
wouldn't a locking nut accomplish that ?

I don't think I can install that on my guitar, since I'd have to install a Floyd Rose or something similar, and I have an Epiphone Dot, so I don't think it would work (if it would work, I assume it would take a lot of work and money to install). So I thought that some kind of locking tuning pegs would work out better, if there were any anywhere.
Oh, well. If anyone knows some unknown brand that might make these, let me know.
http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Tuners/Guitar,_solid_peghead/Steinberger_Gearless_Tuners.html
These will likely be the best I could get, that I've found. Might look kind of weird on my guitar, but I'm considering it.
And yes, I'm aware that these don't lock. They'd just be hard to hit out of tune. Also pretty sweet how exact they'd be tuning, considering they're gearless.
Last edited by FabioByDay at Feb 15, 2009,
You don't need to install a Floyd Rose to be able to put a locking nut on your guitar.
but then you cant tune it, itll go out of tune, and you need the micro tuners that a floyd has to be able to tune it
Quote by TunerAddict
BEST PAINTJOB EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is the sickest paint job in all of GB&C

Hawaiian Shirt Guy Of the Australia FTW! Club.
PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join.
Australians only.

Quote by FabioByDay
http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Tuners/Guitar,_solid_peghead/Steinberger_Gearless_Tuners.html
These will likely be the best I could get, that I've found. Might look kind of weird on my guitar, but I'm considering it.
And yes, I'm aware that these don't lock. They'd just be hard to hit out of tune. Also pretty sweet how exact they'd be tuning, considering they're gearless.

haha - those things are weird - how can it have a 1:40 gearing ratio without any gears?
Quote by jimRH7
haha - those things are weird - how can it have a 1:40 gearing ratio without any gears?

i was just thinking the same thing
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by jimRH7

I'm not sure exactly how they work, I just take their word for it, haha.
Anyone else think they'd make a Dot headstock look weird? Or any headstock with 3 tuning pegs on each side, for that matter. I can't seem to find any images of them on a headstock like that (probably because it DOES, in fact, look weird).
Hahaha how can you change the turning ratio without gears?

Lies, I tell you, LIES!

Those would work though.

Tuners that don't tune when you move them don't exist, because they would be utterly useless.

Just mind where you bump your guitar and retune it every now and again.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Quote by Albino_Rhino
Hahaha how can you change the turning ratio without gears?

Lies, I tell you, LIES!

Those would work though.

Tuners that don't tune when you move them don't exist, because they would be utterly useless.

Haha not exactly what I meant. I meant like, tuners that wouldn't turn if the... locks were on.
Yes, it sounds rediculous, I know, haha.
Quote by FabioByDay
I'm not sure exactly how they work, I just take their word for it, haha.
Anyone else think they'd make a Dot headstock look weird? Or any headstock with 3 tuning pegs on each side, for that matter. I can't seem to find any images of them on a headstock like that (probably because it DOES, in fact, look weird).

Well, I don't think it'll make that much of a difference to how it looks like, plus, fonctionality should come before asthetics I think. can you search google images for some similar headstocks with those machine heads; It might look OK?
Quote by The_Kelaninator
but then you cant tune it, itll go out of tune, and you need the micro tuners that a floyd has to be able to tune it

meh, they would probably still do the trick... your not going to be using a whammy like you would with a floyd, so it wouldnt be anywhere as big of a problem
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
I suppose you could make a small plastic box that fits over all your tuners to stop you touching them or them getting hit. Get a cheap plastic box lying around and put it over the tuning keys to prevent them from rotating.

Ingenius or what?
Quote by Albino_Rhino

QFT

What you are looking for doesn't exist, and to me seems pointless. Just don't bang it around. If you are that careless/clumsy with your guitar, take up drums.