How do you handle getting/having blisters on your picking hand?

I just got some nasty blisters on both my index and middle fingers. How can I speed up the process of them healing?

thanks, smoots
GEAR:

Ibanez GSR205FM

Trace Elliot GP7SM 200watt bass combo
I don't believe I have any on my picking hand. As for speeding up, play more, or rub them on something rough, like a brick or sand paper. Obviously don't hurt yourself doing this, but it'll make your fingers tougher.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
thanks. Its never happened before today, but today my guitarist and I found a drummer. We practiced for 4 hours with him, so I pretty much destroyed my fingers... Wasn't my best idea...
GEAR:

Ibanez GSR205FM

Happens to me all the time.

Roughen up your fingers, and let them heal over. When they've almost healed, rub them down again, each time, it will help to form a tougher callous.

Not the fastest process, but quite possibly the best.

Just dont form a blister because then you might have to start over.

Use this time to practice playing with a pick
Quote by srvguitarrulez
I heard someone say that Fall Out Boy had amazing guitarwork. But, it was a 13 year old girl, so it didn't matter.
Try using your other fingers. I had crazy blisters on my index and middle fingers, so I played with my ring and pinky fingers for a couple of days; now I implement them into my playing, it really opened up my playing.
I'll try the roughening process and try to use my ring and pinky fingers.

Thanks for all your input,
Smoots
GEAR:

Ibanez GSR205FM

Deal, pretty much - it'll happen, and then it'll happen less. Such is life.
Quote by Sabscope
Deal, pretty much - it'll happen, and then it'll happen less. Such is life.

thats about right. if you practice a lot they should only happen once. just take a few tylenols and deal with the pain until they pop and then they should callus over.
Ibanez S7521qm 7 string
Ibanez S771pb
Fender Jaguar HH Special
PRS SE Custom 24 7 string
Epiphone Les Paul Custom