Okay, as you can see I have a Squier 10W amp, and its terrible, the cleans are good but the OD is terrible and my DS-1 sounds terrible through it as well (Then again the DS-1 isnt the greatest). Would a Peavey Envoy 110 amp be a good upgrade? Im not going to be gigging anytime soon or anything so its pretty much just a practice amp, however, I would recording with it will be decent (at least better than the squier). Should I go for it? My local music store has one for $200, tried to find a Vypyr offline but didnt work.

Thanks.
I don't believe in signatures. Ah, sh...
go with the Vypyr 30 instead
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
sucks you cant get a vypyr man....and anything would be an upgrade from the squier amps lol so yea i would think it would be a good upgrade but there might be something better like maybe a vox...what do you play?
Squirrels>all other animals group

Quote by Prophet of Page
I don't recommend passive pickups for any kind of blues tone. Ideally, you'd want a passive pickup with a reasonably low level of output.
Since everyone is saying the Vypyr I called my nearest GC which is like 3 miles away (weird huh?), and they have the 30W in stock. So Im guess I should go for this then? If so what footswitch would you recommend?
Quote by ~Shred Hero~
Since everyone is saying the Vypyr I called my nearest GC which is like 3 miles away (weird huh?), and they have the 30W in stock. So Im guess I should go for this then? If so what footswitch would you recommend?

DO IT
Quote by Sid McCall
Yeah, they don't arrest/ticket hobos because they can't pay the fines. Then they hang out in the jail all day eating free food. There's no point.

Quote by Brendan.Clace
Oh god...this thread....it is going places....
Quote by ~Shred Hero~

Peavey Vypyr 30 +Sanpera II
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
Peavey Vypyr 30 +Sanpera II

The sanpera II is like $170, isnt there anything cheaper?!!
Quote by ~Shred Hero~
The sanpera II is like $170, isnt there anything cheaper?!!

the only footswitch compatible are the sanpera I and II the I is crap to me it doesnt have the LCD and the 2 expression pedals...... i suggest looking the II on eBay.....
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
the only footswitch compatible are the sanpera I and II the I is crap to me it doesnt have the LCD and the 2 expression pedals...... i suggest looking the II on eBay.....

All Im looking for is something to switch between the clean channel and a distortion channel.
Quote by ~Shred Hero~
All Im looking for is something to switch between the clean channel and a distortion channel.

that is the only foot switch compatible with it,...........
feel free to add me
Sanpera 1 then if all you need to do is switch channels.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
I would prefer the Envoy to the Vypyr, but only because I don't like modeling amps.

Why not go for the Envoy and then invest in whatever pedals you might want as you go? That way you can build your own tone and then when you upgrade, you at least have something to go with it.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
that is the only foot switch compatible with it,...........

I understand this, but would the sanpera I switch between the two channels.
Quote by ~Shred Hero~
I understand this, but would the sanpera I switch between the two channels.

no.......but it can switch presets.......
just put the clean channel on one preset ans the dirty channel on the other and just use the sanpera to switch it.......
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
no.......but it can switch presets.......
just put the clean channel on one preset ans the dirty channel on the other and just use the sanpera to switch it.......

Thanks for taking the time to answer all my stupid questions.
Quote by ~Shred Hero~
Thanks for taking the time to answer all my stupid questions.

no problem i got a 1 week vacation from school so im here all week
feel free to add me
The envoy is a great amp. Especially for metal. I actually prefer it over the smaller vypyrs. I don't prefer it over the tube vypyr though.