Hey guy. I looked to see if there was a post like this already and i could find any. If there is one already please link me the old one and you can delete this. Well I was just wondering if John Paul Jones used any effects pedals on his bass, and if he did witch ones were they. Well thanks.
Not entirely sure if he uses effects that much. He uses overdrive on Heartbreaker I think, on the verse at least.
he used an 8-string bass for Heartbreaker. and a whole lot of awesome.

but yeah, no effects.
Quote by chernk

but yeah, no effects.

I didnt know he used an 8 string on heartbreaker. Im gonna use that as my excuse as to why I cant sound that awesome
Quote by chernk

but yeah, no effects.

I'm guessing 2 of each string?

My instant thought was eight individual strings..
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Bullshit, he didn't use an 8-string in Heartbreaker. He didn't use one until Presence. End of. He used some sort of rotary speaker/vibrato thingamajig, and it's one of the few times he used an effect, even if I'm considering distortion to be an "effect".

As for his distorted tone... I love it and I WISH I could get it. I think it's built into the Acoustic 360 head and I'm positive that he used his P-Bass with a pick for those songs.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..