Alright so yesterday i sold off my DSL100 head and today i went and picked up a Bugera 333xl 212 combo. This amp is so versatile and worth every penny.

I took the precautions and tightened everything and made sure all the clips were secure. The only problem i have now is biasing this thing. It was so easy to bias my DSL head but this thing isn't giving me steady numbers using the test point.

I heard there was another way to do this and i saw the video of the guy biasing a jcm800 but it was way too zoomed out for me to see exactly what he did. Can anybody help me out with this matter?

EDIT: For pics.

Last edited by PiperDawnsGate at Feb 15, 2009,
Sweet.
Happy NAD!

I can't help with the biasing though..sorry.
Quote by Sid McCall
Yeah, they don't arrest/ticket hobos because they can't pay the fines. Then they hang out in the jail all day eating free food. There's no point.

Quote by Brendan.Clace
Oh god...this thread....it is going places....
Why...why...why would you sell a perfectly good DSL100 to buy an amp that has a very good chance of breaking on you within a few weeks?
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
pics please
^+1 to that
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by shadow__666
Why...why...why would you sell a perfectly good DSL100 to buy an amp that has a very good chance of breaking on you within a few weeks?

Perhaps because the tone is better and he fixed it up?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??

Honestly i've heard more stories of the amp not breaking than stories of it crapping out. It's always the people that use it for gigging and actual band situations were it doesn't break down, and the people using it as a practice amp is where it does breaks down. Coincidence? I think not.

And usually when it does that, it's because of a tube or transformer that needs to be replaced. And IMO this amp covers all of DSL's tone with ease and more. Also i needed a combo. I'll have pics up in a sec.
i also am confused to as why you would essentially trade marshall awesomeness for bugera-ness, but that is your call not mine! So therefore, grats on your new amp! i hope that it turns out to be everything that your wanting!

EDIT: ah, oky doky. i see your point.
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Last edited by bored_maniac33 at Feb 14, 2009,
Quote by Raijouta
Perhaps because the tone is better and he fixed it up?

I had the same thoughts after I thought "Now why'd he do that?".
Quote by Sid McCall
Yeah, they don't arrest/ticket hobos because they can't pay the fines. Then they hang out in the jail all day eating free food. There's no point.

Quote by Brendan.Clace
Oh god...this thread....it is going places....
Quote by PiperDawnsGate
words

why did you trade your penis enlargement !?!?!?!? (stack)
and you explained your point very nicely AMEN to that brotha.......
feel free to add me
i can sort of understand the trade. i wouldnt really consider it an upgrade, but more just a change. like switching types of picks, your not necessarily getting higher quality ones most of the time, just different ones that feel different, and many times you switch back. so i hope TS enjoys the change, lets pray there aren't gonna be any horror stories. im considering a 333 for when i move onto actual amps.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
why did you trade your penis enlargement !?!?!?!? (stack)

The Cab is still there, no way in hell am i trading that. It has such good Celestian speakers, think they are for keyboard amps but they sound so nice for guitar, especially metal.

I only sold the head, i got $700 for it. It was a nice amp, did a lot for me and sounded nice. It was lacking the versatility i needed though.
i can sort of understand the trade. i wouldnt really consider it an upgrade, but more just a change. like switching types of picks, your not necessarily getting higher quality ones most of the time, just different ones that feel different, and many times you switch back. so i hope TS enjoys the change, lets pray there aren't gonna be any horror stories. im considering a 333 for when i move onto actual amps.

That's exactly how i would explain it. Not really an upgrade as i had no money to begin with. I sold the head and with that money i bought a combo that suites my needs much more. I really think that Bugeras are well worth the money (if not more) as long as you take the necessary precautions. It's not the amps that are crap, it's that crap Quality Control.
Quote by PiperDawnsGate
The Cab is still there, no way in hell am i trading that. It has such good Celestian speakers, think they are for keyboard amps but they sound so nice for guitar, especially metal.

I only sold the head, i got $700 for it. It was a nice amp, did a lot for me and sounded nice. It was lacking the versatility i needed though.

is it just me, or is your setup too metal for someone looking for pink floyd sounds? active EMG's, high gain amp, now this
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
is it just me, or is your setup too metal for someone looking for pink floyd sounds? active EMG's, high gain amp, now this

i was wondering the same thing.............
feel free to add me
I'm in to progressive style, progressive metal or rock. I like the spirituality of Pink Floyd with the guitar chops of Buckethead and Paul Gilbert. Anyway EMG's are 18v moded (sounds pretty different from that metal tone you expect out of emgs), and I plug into low gain input of the 333xl using the crunch channel most of the time.

When feel like playing some high gain American voiced shred, then i use the Lead channel. And the clean channel is so much cleaner than my DSL ever was.
Last edited by PiperDawnsGate at Feb 14, 2009,
how much did you pay for you Bugera
\\-,-// Favorite Bands \\-,-//
Chimaira, Hatebreed, Bury Your Dead, Norma Jean, The Devil Wears Pradda, Poison the Well, COB, As I Lay Dying, Underoath, Parkway Drive, Pantera, Metallica, Exodus, Necrophagia, Testament, Unearth
Quote by PiperDawnsGate
Honestly i've heard more stories of the amp not breaking than stories of it crapping out. It's always the people that use it for gigging and actual band situations were it doesn't break down, and the people using it as a practice amp is where it does breaks down. Coincidence? I think not.

And usually when it does that, it's because of a tube or transformer that needs to be replaced. And IMO this amp covers all of DSL's tone with ease and more. Also i needed a combo. I'll have pics up in a sec.

You say that like it's a small fix. The transformers are the most expensive components of the amplifier. If there is one thing that you don't want to replace, it's the transformers.
Quote by PiperDawnsGate
I'm in to progressive style, progressive metal or rock. I like the spirituality of Pink Floyd with the guitar chops of Buckethead and Paul Gilbert. Anyway EMG's are 18v moded (sounds pretty different from that metal tone you expect out of emgs), and I plug into low gain input of the 333xl using the crunch channel most of the time.

When feel like playing some high gain American voiced shred, then i use the Lead channel. And the clean channel is so much cleaner than my DSL ever was.

I really dig the low inputs on my 333XL as well. Most people don't realize you can get fantastic mid gain tones out of this thing.

My 333XL has replaced a JCM 900, a 5150 and a GK250ml for a live rig.

VERY versatile.
Quote by PiperDawnsGate

i have the same cab. hey're not keyboard speakers, they're the matching cab for the vtm-series heads. i like my 1960a waaaayyyy more though. congrats, btw!
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
Congrats on the new amp! So many new amps these day - the world economy must be getting better. (at least I hope so).
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by BeerChurch
I really dig the low inputs on my 333XL as well. Most people don't realize you can get fantastic mid gain tones out of this thing.

My 333XL has replaced a JCM 900, a 5150 and a GK250ml for a live rig.

VERY versatile.

Yeah i've used it for about 7-10 hours now and i'm liking it more and more now that im used to how it dials in. Eh so beer church can you help me out with the problem though, i still haven't biased it.