Well I promised BrainDamage a thread on my new (well not new anymore) Monsterpiece two headed monster, almost 7 months ago.

But alas the school year started and I had to stop posting for a while.

Anywho finally got some free time today and I decided to get some pics up and record.

So without further adieu...

My monsterpiece MKII/NPN fuzz pedal.

The LED lights were my favorite part and they're blinding in the dark (though the picture doesn't to their brightness justice).

The NPN side (green) is a fantastic silicon fuzz face clone, I usually keep it set with fuzz on max and volume about unity level. It doesn't clean up very much at that point but I have no need for cleans at those settings. With max fuzz it nails that early David Gilmour fuzz tone.
It also gets some nice overdrive tones when you set the fuzz knob back a quarter or too, this is where it begins to clean up and react well with the volume knob. Also the overdrive sound is great as well. Super versatile pedal than can get me light overdrive to all out wall of fuzz with enough tweaking.

Just a couple Pink Floyd clips (please excuse my playing.)

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7337856

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7337858

The MKII side (blue) is a Tonebender clone, its got less gain available than the NPN and had a grainier fuzz quality. Uses germanium transistors which the builder personally checked out for me.
Very nice big wooly fuzz tone which I just love, it also cleans up fantastically, usually I have the fuzz knob on full and the volume about one quarter up and even then it's very sensitive to the guitar volume. It sounds great for rhythm but I like adding a hint of delay with this as well.

Some random tid bits of playing with my MKII, I tried to get a good compilation of the tones available and kept the fuzz settings the same throughout the demo. So any changes in volume and going clean was just my guitar volume knob. The first few chords are just the amp then the pedal comes on.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7337848

Again, my playing is passable at best but I had to record these quickly and slippery hands don't help.
Other than that enjoy.

Edit: They are built by Richard (duderanimous) on the Harmony Central forums and they can be ordered directly from him. He also paints them and picks the LED colors to your specifications.
Very nice guy who helped me out a lot when I got this used.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Last edited by zeppelinpage4 at Feb 15, 2009,
Quote by PiperDawnsGate
Sounds really good man, both your playing and your tone.

Thanks.
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

The NPN sounds awesome, but I already knew that since I own one. I like the sound of the MKII. If I didn't already have two fuzzes, a distortion, an overdrive and a boost, I'd probably look into buying one

The clips sound great
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
Sounds great, really diggin the gilmour tones. The MKII side sounds pretty good as well, but I preferred the FF tones. Nice playing as well.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
sounds really good dude. how much did one of those cost you? I'm sort of interested in one.
Quote by RG_FANMAN
sounds really good dude. how much did one of those cost you? I'm sort of interested in one.

A single pedal is $110.

Though you can get two pedals like mine for $200.00 and there's even an option for 3 pedals in one which is $300.00.

The price really appealed to me, since most other hand made or high end fuzzes can be above $150.

And thanks so much for all the feedback guys, I hope the clips gave somewhat of a good idea of what the pedals can do.

Quote by BrainDamage
The NPN sounds awesome, but I already knew that since I own one. I like the sound of the MKII. If I didn't already have two fuzzes, a distortion, an overdrive and a boost, I'd probably look into buying one

The clips sound great

There's never too many dirt pedals...just one more to settle the GAS.

Last edited by zeppelinpage4 at Feb 15, 2009,