Page 1 of 2
it seems like im the only one that is fired up for the daytona 500. so if there are any more of you out there please comment.
n btw, go mark martin #5 !!!!!!! starin 2nd!!!
Quote by iantheman
hey look! they're making a left turn!

Am I the only one who finds NASCAR races boring as hell?
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
nascar is a billion times better than football or basketball or baseball.
Well Enough Alone
Quote by iantheman
hey look! they're making a left turn!

Can they does a right turn?

Edit: aww damn, beaten also
Last edited by thesquirrel at Feb 14, 2009,
ah, but their will be a "big one" tommorow! always happens at daytona!!

but yes i've gotten to where i dont watch it much now that they have restricted the cars so much...
Mark Martin is still racing? Bah, I never paid any attention to it. In hate it, but no disrespect. If I tried to do it I would end up on ESPN for causing the greatest crash ever.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Quote by thesquirrel
Can they does a right turn?

Yes they can, in fact, it would be funnier if they do.

Quote by creeping.death!
Nope.

funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Unfortunately yes, Nascar is boring if you want to spin around in circles just do shrooms or get high seriously.
Nascar is cool. It takes a lot of skill to pilot one of those vehicles (contrary to popular belief.) You try driving a car at speeds of over 200 MPH in an oval. Not as easy as it looks. One wrong move and next thing you know your looking at death in the form of a concrete wall which your about to hit at 150+ MPH. But there are still two motor sports that are truly amazing in terms of skill and just sheer craziness.

Formula One

World Rally Championship

Be cool.
Last edited by thedude051 at Feb 14, 2009,
Is Marcus Ambrose still racing in it? He's Australian
Kerry King Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only

Quote by dehollister

and im 14 got any problems ill f*ckin drop you.

HE'LL DO IT

Quote by Kensai
Spooni_Shaq is the best UGer ever, period
Quote by cfhwarhead
...redneck.

I hear this a lot. All I'll say is that I was born and raised in Penn., I am very liberal and an atheist.....I will also be watching the Daytona 500 from the first lap to the final lap tomorrow.
Quote by boyan89
Unfortunately yes, Nascar is boring if you want to spin around in circles just do shrooms or get high seriously.

Oh my God. I almost want to sig that comment. You just won yourself an e-cookie.
V8 Supercars are better
Kerry King Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only

Quote by dehollister

and im 14 got any problems ill f*ckin drop you.

HE'LL DO IT

Quote by Kensai
Spooni_Shaq is the best UGer ever, period
Quote by in2thesun88
I hear this a lot. All I'll say is that I was born and raised in Penn., I am very liberal and an atheist.....I will also be watching the Daytona 500 from the first lap to the final lap tomorrow.

I was just being the douchebag that was destined to find a thread like this and say it. I don't care for the sport but i understand it could be fun to watch, and wait for the screeching tires and the crash and flames that come from it. It really is full of risk.
Quote by thesquirrel
Oh my God. I almost want to sig that comment. You just won yourself an e-cookie.

Go ahead!
I enjoy teh nascars.
Quote by Wylde14
obviously if you own an expensive guitar, 500 watt amp, and power tab, you are an unstoppable force of shred
Kasey Kahne is my favourite. Me and my buddy always have a friendly rivalry going, because he likes Earnheart Junior.

Haven't watched a full race in god knows how long, though...
Hell ya, I'm ready for Daytona! Bit confused about the whole "left turn" stuff; Nascar has a couple of road races on the schedule.

But hey, I'm a pilot. Understanding G-forces and what their body is going through has a lot to do with me still watching it. I wish drivers actually were still rednecks, instead of some teenage douche who steps out of the car and spouts off the entire Fortune 500 in less than 45 seconds.

EDIT Actually, I call bullsh*t on myself. I am from North Wilkesboro, NC. The place where it started. Sure, the founders lived in Daytona, but all the teams and drivers were from here, and the France family came here to meet with them, not the other way around. All paperwork contracts and such forming Nascar was drawn up here. Its in my blood. Its an integral part of my redneck nature.

Cue Jeff Foxworthy: "If you think a speed limit is a personal challenge..."
Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95
People only come here to get sigged anyway

Quote by Basti95
Rats, I thought someone would sig it and make me famous...

it was going to be my big break

Last edited by millerdrr at Feb 14, 2009,
Quote by millerdrr
Hell ya, I'm ready for Daytona! Bit confused about the whole "left turn" stuff; Nascar has a couple of road races on the schedule.

But hey, I'm a pilot. Understanding G-forces and what their body is going through has a lot to do with me still watching it. I wish drivers actually were still rednecks, instead of some teenage douche who steps out of the car and spouts off the entire Fortune 500 in less than 45 seconds.

rite on man, i still like nascar but it became so commercailized that the people who made the sport what it is dont have a chance anymore. ive always said that when Dale Sr died, he took nascar with him
You know what Pink Floyd and Dale Earnhardt have in common?

Their last hit was The Wall.

Thank you, I'm here all week.
You're*
i have no idea why you people watch that sh!t... pointles... there is no point in going 200+ mph in a f@ckin oval for 3 hours with all the same cars pretty much with all the regulations and crap they have now. back when they had chargers and gtos racing in the '70's is when nascar was cool. but now the only cool kind of racing is indy
My rig:
Gibson faded V
Dean Razorback
Fender Showman Strat
Dean Dimebag Tribute ML
Custom guitar
Boss ME-50
Marshall AVT50H

92% of teenagers have moved to rap, put this in your sig if you're in the 8% that still listens to real music.
Check out some of the local tracks running under Nascar Dodge Weekly Series, or whatever they call it now. Local guys, running cars built from scratch, over 20 grand risked for a winner paycheck of $500. They show plenty of emotion when somebody does something stupid

Smaller crowds. Shorter tracks. Cheaper tickets. Cheaper beer. Drivers just as good.
Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95

Quote by Basti95

Quote by guitardude11
nascar is a billion times better than football or basketball or baseball.

so its not better than soccer
Quote by millerdrr
Check out some of the local tracks running under Nascar Dodge Weekly Series, or whatever they call it now. Local guys, running cars built from scratch, over 20 grand risked for a winner paycheck of $500. They show plenty of emotion when somebody does something stupid

Smaller crowds. Shorter tracks. Cheaper tickets. Cheaper beer. Drivers just as good.

hell yea i love going to my local dirt track
Nah, Indy and Formula 1 has too many guys willing to take a dive to help the team. Only twenty drivers, less than a dozen teams, and half the guys have no intention of trying to win Their only job is to do everything possible to make sure the top guy on the team wins. That's why the leader is a mile ahead by the end of the first lap, until some nobody who isn't even in contention takes him out so that their teammate who is designated alpha prick can finish one spot higher.

EDIT Old people playing bridge is better than soccer Flame shield up
Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95

Quote by Basti95

Last edited by millerdrr at Feb 15, 2009,
Quote by lazy_paco_24
so its not better than soccer

nope

but the only soccer to bother watching is euro cup and world cup. nascar / racing and soccer are the only sporting events that require more than 15 brain cells...
Well Enough Alone
Quote by millerdrr
Nah, Indy and Formula 1 has too many guys willing to take a dive to help the team. Only twenty drivers, less than a dozen teams, and half the guys have no intention of trying to win Their only job is to do everything possible to make sure the top guy on the team wins. That's why the leader is a mile ahead by the end of the first lap, until some nobody who isn't even in contention takes him out so that their teammate who is designated alpha prick can finish one spot higher.

But Indy has boobies!!!
kill all humans
If I wanted to watch rednecks go in a circle for 4 hours I would let a pig loose in Wal Mart and watch middle aged woman in Tweety Bird sweat-shirts holding Rubbermaid tupperware chase after it.
Poor advice.
nascar is pretty interesting if you open your mind and ignore the whole driving in circles thing. that being said, the sport is way to commercialized now, and has been since they tried to change the ppoints system to attract non rednecks. i dont watch it anymore
Geets:
Ibanez GSA60
Epiphone SG/LP custom
Schecter Damien elite 7
Fender Highway one Telecaster

Pedals:
Visual sound Jekyll and Hyde

Amp:
Peavey 6505
Marshall M412a cab
Peavey Classic 50

GO STEELERS!