Hello.

I have a Breedlove AD25/SM acoustic guitar. Installed in it is a Fishman Classic IV pickup. Is it an easy process to take this pickup out and install a new one? Is this even possible? It is a pickup built into the side of the guitar.

Thanks
Hey, I think that's the same guitar my friend Sam wants to buy...

generally if it's an undersaddle pickup it might be fairly easy to take out and replace with certain kinds of pickups....

but generally if you're buying another Piezo and you want to hook it up to the dashboard (on board EQ) you need to take it to a shop or something...

you could probably get away with buying the pickup yourself, then having a professinal install it.. if they ask for like 100$ or something just say "i'll take it somewhere else" then either take it somehwhere else, or they might lower the price.. lol
Quote by RileyB
Hello.

I have a Breedlove AD25/SM acoustic guitar. Installed in it is a Fishman Classic IV pickup. Is it an easy process to take this pickup out and install a new one? Is this even possible? It is a pickup built into the side of the guitar.

Thanks

The main problem you're going to have is replacing the system with something else that will fit in the same side hole as your Fishman Classic IV. It's possible to replace, but it might be hard to do is all.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by captivate
The main problem you're going to have is replacing the system with something else that will fit in the same side hole as your Fishman Classic IV. It's possible to replace, but it might be hard to do is all.

you can always make holes bigger... eh?
^ True, but that's actually quite risky. Even the best shop in town won't do it because they don't want to be liable if anything happens. And they restore vintage guitars too.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Weird, i had no idea... how do they install dashboards when you get electrics then??
I guess I'll look into the pickup specs then bring my guitar into a shop and ask if its possible? That would probably be the best route.. if I can't get a new pickup I'll just put the cash into a new acoustic amp.

Win-win situation

Thanks guys