Styles you play + Budget please??
and is it for gig or home use........
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Because The Vypyr brand new, and (most likely) better than the Windsor.
That is all your opinion, though.
Quote by Sid McCall
Yeah, they don't arrest/ticket hobos because they can't pay the fines. Then they hang out in the jail all day eating free food. There's no point.

Quote by Brendan.Clace
Oh god...this thread....it is going places....
Last edited by cavalier14 at Feb 14, 2009,
Quote by Mikehugo2415
I know I've been making this a bit for the past few days, but I would like to know what the difference is between these two:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Peavey-Vypyr-Tube-60-60W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp-104922893-i1413609.gc

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Peavey-Windsor-100W-All-Tube-Half-Stack-485059-i1320783.gc

I think they're both tube, so why is the one with more watts cheaper?

1. The Vypyr isn't just a tube amp. It has power tubes, yes, but isn't 'all tube' in the sense that the Windsor is.

2. The Windsor is cheaper because they're being discontinued, I think. More watts doesn't necessarily mean more expensive, either.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I play pretty much every genre, from heavy stuff to light and in between. The budget is about 450, so the first was what I was planning on getting. I am going to be using it in a talent show in a few weeks but other than that it will be for my house and bringing it to friends to mess around with.
Because the vyper has built in effects, 42 channels and a bunch of other crap. The other one is very straight foward, one channels, no effects. Personally I dont like either amp. The Vypyr has tubes in it, but a digital pre amp, and the windsor sounds cheap
Quote by sanks1
Because the vyper has built in effects, 42 channels and a bunch of other crap. The other one is very straight foward, one channels, no effects. Personally I dont like either amp. The Vypyr has tubes in it, but a digital pre amp, and the windsor sounds cheap

What would you suggest for my budget then?
my opinion.....both crap
"You Laugh at me for Being Different. I laugh at you for all Being the Same."

Girls I want to Intercourse
Jessica Alba
Oprah
Girlicious (each of them)
Betty White
Quote by sanks1
The Vypyr has tubes in it, but a digital pre amp, and the windsor sounds cheap

The Vypyr has preamp tubes as well; but the preamp is based on TransTube technology.

I've heard many tube snobs over at TGP claim that the Vypyr contends with their booteek, handwired point to point custom-built amps and sounds damn close to what it models.

The Windsor's cab is horrible, I know that much.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Mikehugo2415
I play pretty much every genre, from heavy stuff to light and in between. The budget is about 450, so the first was what I was planning on getting. I am going to be using it in a talent show in a few weeks but other than that it will be for my house and bringing it to friends to mess around with.

Vypyr...... Or Peavey XXX combo used, versatile little beasts
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
Vypyr...... Or Peavey XXX combo used, versatile little beasts

Link to the XXX please?
Quote by Mikehugo2415
Link to the XXX please?

umm i only have Ebay links do you want that??
feel free to add me
The Windsor is a one-trick pony. It pulls off a nice JCM-like crunch on a budget but doesn't do anything else. If versatility is your goal then the Vypyr wins hands down.

Quote by camhussynec
my opinion.....both crap

Says the future MG owner.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Last edited by stradivari310 at Feb 14, 2009,
feel free to add me
Last edited by WTF!!is a TAB at Feb 14, 2009,
Quote by stradivari310
The Windsor is a one-trick pony. It pulls off a nice JCM-like crunch on a budget but doesn't do anything else. If versatility is your goal then the Vypyr wins hands down.

That was a good way of explaining it, I understood it great. Btw, Explosm ftw
Quote by Mikehugo2415
That was a good way of explaining it, I understood it great. Btw, Explosm ftw

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
why?!?!?
they are discontinued amps, Ebay and your local (peavey)music dealer are the only ones that has them ( all of them are used)

Ohhhh, well link one then.
Quote by Mikehugo2415
Ohhhh, well link one then.

look at mah last post.......
feel free to add me
Get the vypyr just go play them if you want. Read the reviews on the windsor. The windsor sucks mostly. I mean I like it for the one trick pony it is. But it's nowhere near a vypyr. Go try them both out. The vypyr sounds like an all tube amp really. It's hard to tell most of the models are a modeling amp.
I honestly don't know the sound difference between amps, I've never played anything other than a line 6 spider, and from how the forumers here talk about them, they are a disgrace to amplifiers everywhere.
^
Quote by Sid McCall
Yeah, they don't arrest/ticket hobos because they can't pay the fines. Then they hang out in the jail all day eating free food. There's no point.

Quote by Brendan.Clace
Oh god...this thread....it is going places....