Poll: How do you think society is in general?
Poll Options
View poll results: How do you think society is in general?
Whites > minorities
44 28%
whites = minorities
60 38%
Minorites > whites
55 35%
Voters: 159.
Page 1 of 7
So.... this month is black history month.

My school had an assembly the other day to celebrate it; they had black speakers come and talk about being black and how to be proud of it and how white people made them suffer for so long and what not. Rappers came to. The assembly ended on a bunch of black people shouting "yeah! F--- white people! Black power!" so it basically turned into a black power rally. And the school completely allowed for all of it.

So, Pit, I want to ask your opinion........... do you feel that the US has now shifted to be more racist towards whites?

If a black beats up a white its assault. If a white beats up a black its assault and its a hate crime. And people like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton go out preaching to the masses how wrong white people are and to boycott every little thing that relates to the crime.

February is black history month. Theres no white history month.... if there was it would be considered racist.

There is also Kwanza, which I feel is just an excuse to differentiate and leave out whites and the other non-black races.

Why do black and other minorities have to have all these exhibitions of pride? Isnt it all hypocrital? They go around saying "Yeah, everyone is equal! We want equality!" yet they strive to put themselves above everyone else.

I think being proud of having any heritage is stupid; whether youre African, Mexican, Asian, Russian, Irish, Greek, German, or any race.

For some reason society only seems to think that white people can be racist.

I think different. I think you can be racist no matter what ethnicity you are; black, white... Jewish, Christian..... Gay, straight..... Chinese, Japanese.... etc.

TL; DR:

Well, you really should read the whole thing because its kinda hard to sum it up...

But basically, do you believe the following is true:

How it was: whites > blacks+other minorities
How it should be: whites = blacks+other minorities
How it is CURRENTLY: black+other minorities > whites

BTW, I am not racist at all. I hate racists. Its just that I really dont like how the minorities are seeming to always play the race card and do things to put themselves above whites.
Last edited by aaronob at Feb 14, 2009,
Shit happens

I got nothing
Quote by herby190
Every thread I've seen you in has been a complete success. Yay you!

Quote by theking182
i'm voting for GNiCk89. i just like how he speaks TO me, not AT me.

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Yea, Sublime is a great band. You have an Underoath icon, so I think your opinion doesn't matter.
=/
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
Your school allowed those chants? My school would have erupted.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
I completely agree with you, TS. However, whenever I try to argue something like that, I always get penned as a racist - which, to me, makes no sense.
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
hmmm interesting, i live in australia, we dont have black pride month or anything like that, though i do feel bad for what my ancestors would have done for the aborigines, i dunno, this poll doesnt really apply to me in any way, but i can see your point, being called racist is a terrible thing, i mean really someone can call you racist for any reason, and its often very hard to prove that you arent... its a sticky situation
nothing.
i didn't read your post before i voted. i'm changing to agree with the "minorities > whites" option, because it's totally true.
where's white history month? and blacks call each other the n-word constantly, but it's not okay when a white does it?
everything is too politically correct...
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
It's OK for black people to be racist and segregate white people from things because they're black.

We had a Black History club in high school, and that's great. Be proud and learn about your culture.

A bunch of kids wrote a petition to start a White History club. They and everyone who signed it were expelled.
You're*
Minorities have managed to build themselves up over the year to be the most enslaved groups of people. I am a white guy, and it is obnoxious. "Oh, my family was so persecuted." Sure, things were bad racially; I get that, but shut the hell up and move on like the rest of us (or start celebrating things like the KKK as well). I do not get the whole "black history month" just because it creates more racial tensions. I have to go a whole month of my year celebrating 4 black guys (basically, seeing as apparantly no one else had anything else to do with history). It is stupid, seriously. I am not a racist, but if these people want persecution; then can come get some.

The bottom line for me is, I agree with you. Based on my day to day experiences with people from all skin color, religion, and culture; I have to say, black people seem to be increasingly more hypocritical and racist than most people. Hell, standing in line to vote I heard (and spoke to) a few black people saying they were only voting for Obama cause he was black. It is stupid.
Check out Hear the Indie for music reviews, interviews, and more.

Want a review? Send me a PM or email through the contact form on my site.
Quote by Survivalism
It's OK for black people to be racist and segregate white people from things because they're black.

We had a Black History club in high school, and that's great. Be proud and learn about your culture.

A bunch of kids wrote a petition to start a White History club. They and everyone who signed it were expelled.

isnt that basically any high school history class????
Quote by SaulHudson#2
hmmm interesting, i live in australia, we dont have black pride month or anything like that, though i do feel bad for what my ancestors would have done for the aborigines, i dunno, this poll doesnt really apply to me in any way, but i can see your point, being called racist is a terrible thing, i mean really someone can call you racist for any reason, and its often very hard to prove that you arent... its a sticky situation

That kinda reminds me...

Where the hell is Native American history month???

They werent just enslaved by the whites....

They were raped, killed, tortured, put in concentration camps, deprived of all rights and treated as lower than animals, and all that good stuff.

But no... we dont hear about that.... the good ol' pilgrims came and made the US the great nation it is today and got rid of that injun vermin.
Last edited by aaronob at Feb 14, 2009,
Quote by oxy rotton
not this topic again. Just let it die, like the foo fighters.

and the unicorns.
and the blacks...

By the way, ts.
Comb yo beard, nigga mutha****a!
Ok, serious answer time.

I think that black history month and all that stuff is detrimental to black people, as well as society as a whole. Why, you ask? Well, Jesse Jackson, black people holidays, and the like all survive off the belief that there is some fundamental difference between black people and white people. Is there, really? I highly doubt it. There has never been any evidence to show that differences between "races" (the term really isn't even correct) go any deeper than physical appearance.

Perpetuating these holidays, holding crimes against blacks and whites (and other "races" too) to different standards merely reinforces the thought that there is some sort of difference, which is really the root of racism.

Personally, I do what I can. I don't think of people as "black people," "white people," etc., rather, I think of them as "people who happen to be ______." Because really, it doesn't matter what they look like on the outside. People need to stop acting like it does. That includes you, Jesse Jackson.
kill all humans
Quote by Survivalism

wow, i dont believe that that happened at all.....
I have no opinion on this matter.
its called gang up on black people nd beat some sense into them, and you know why black people can play te race card and that ****, because white people have become pussys! theygo, awww poor black guy, you have it so bad, you cant get a job and not be lazy so i cant say aything to you that sounds bad towards black people, or else i'm raciest and people wont like me.

i hate america, we've turned into pussys that suck up to the government and are beaten like a step child. everyone expects the government to bail us out because we are to much of a wimp to do it ourselves. .

i'm done
I think the whole black rights movement is turning into a black supremacy movement. They've got all their rights. They've been able to vote for years, they aren't slaves anymore, there is no more segregation. And we've got a damn black president.
Theres black history month, NAACP, and I think black people get cheaper college fees (maybe? I'm not really sure). I think it could be considered racist against white people, seeing as we have no white history month, no NAAWP, and no college discounts.
"February is black history month. Theres no white history month.... if there was it would be considered racist."

"do you feel that the US has now shifted to be more racist towards whites?"

Seriously? Try every other month of US History.

If the second were even remotely true, wouldn't it also follow that caucasians would no longer be so disparagingly more educated and wealthy?

TS, you're obviously not a racist. Just a ****ing moron. I'm getting really tired of seeing these threads pop up every February. It's bad enough when I have to get them in chain emails from my redneck relatives.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by RPGoof
I think the whole black rights movement is turning into a black supremacy movement. They've got all their rights. They've been able to vote for years, they aren't slaves anymore, there is no more segregation. And we've got a damn black president.
Theres black history month, NAACP, and I think black people get cheaper college fees (maybe? I'm not really sure). I think it could be considered racist against white people, seeing as we have no white history month, no NAAWP, and no college discounts.

I think its just a separate organization, a scholarships, solely for blacks.
Quote by RPGoof

Well, they can get scholarships for being of African-American decent and also colleges have to accept a certain number of black people somewhat regardless of grades.
"In 2005, homicide victimization rates for blacks were 6 times higher than the rates for whites."

"In 2005, offending rates for blacks were more than 7 times higher than the rates for whites"

Just thowin' that out there..
Quote by oxy rotton
isnt that basically any high school history class????

More or less, but I don't believe there was a full-on history course at my school; it became a very career-oriented campus. So if you wanted to learn black history, that's what the after-school club was for. If you wanted to learn white history, you were racist.

Quote by Zugunruhe
wow, i dont believe that that happened at all.....

Yeah. Except for the part where I'm not a fucking liar.

Quote by civildp1

Try the rest of US History. As a white person, if you're offended that 90% of American history revolves around white people, believe me, if I could make that up to you, I would.
You're*
Last edited by Survivalism at Feb 14, 2009,
Personally, I feel pretty equal.

Shit, nigga, I guess that's all that really matters in the long run.
Quote by herby190
Every thread I've seen you in has been a complete success. Yay you!

Quote by theking182
i'm voting for GNiCk89. i just like how he speaks TO me, not AT me.

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Yea, Sublime is a great band. You have an Underoath icon, so I think your opinion doesn't matter.
Quote by aaronob
That kinda reminds me...

Where the hell is Native American history month???

They werent just enslaved by the whites....

They were d, killed, d, put in concentration camps, deprived of all rights and treated as lower than animals, and all that good stuff.

But no... we dont hear about that.... the good ol' pilgrims came and made the US the great nation it is today and got rid of that injun vermin.

I just read a book and wrote a corresponding paper for my Early American Republic class about the hypocrisy of Thomas Jefferson between the equality he propagated and his treatment of Native American Indians, especially in his design for the system of moving them off of their land and decimating the population.

Maybe you should move past Jr High level Social Studies classes. You might hear more.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Actually this relates to something going on in Canada right now...

It seems that a bunch of Hindi people want the Canadian national anthem sung in their language instead of English or something to that effect. They were even petitioning to have the head of the Olympic committee fired because of this.

I think some races can be too proud of themselves sometimes...

I also think that black history month was a month created by teachers so they could pile more projects on us, those sneaky bastards!
"Forget the rules. If it sounds good, it is good."
-Eddie Van Halen
Quote by civildp1
"February is black history month. Theres no white history month.... if there was it would be considered racist."

If the second were even remotely true, wouldn't it also follow that caucasians would no longer be so disparagingly more educated and wealthy?

TS, you're obviously not a racist. Just a ****ing moron. I'm getting really tired of seeing these threads pop up every February. It's bad enough when I have to get them in chain emails from my redneck relatives.

Wow, thank you for your maturity and kindness, sir.

No, I do not think every other month is white history month. Thats just an excuse. Maybe it was way back when when all the textbook writers took out all the parts about people from different minorities.... but everything that is covered in school just talks about the most important events and people. Its just that a lot of them happen to be white.
Quote by Filter
"In 2005, homicide victimization rates for blacks were 6 times higher than the rates for whites."

"In 2005, offending rates for blacks were more than 7 times higher than the rates for whites"

It's because blacks are more concentrated in urban areas, and have higher rates of single motherhood, two factors that have been shown to contribute to increased crime rates. IT's not because they're black.
kill all humans
Quote by alaskan_ninja
It's because blacks are more concentrated in urban areas, and have higher rates of single motherhood, two factors that have been shown to contribute to increased crime rates. IT's not because they're black.

I never said that, nor was I implying.. I was simply putting forth statistics.
Quote by civildp1

Pretty much what I was going to say. Minus the "fucking moron" part, because I think he's simply mistaken. And no, Aaron, it's not "an excuse". The history they teach you in school is indeed mostly composed of the achievements of whites; I sit through it everyday.
Almost everyone who says "everyone is created equal" is a hypocrite. Women, black people, etc.

And yes, it sucks to be white, as no one but white people can possibly be racist according to society.
Quote by Filter

Work harder if you want to use that. You left so much out that I cannot take it seriously.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Quote by terrencemaddox
Work harder if you want to use that. You left so much out that I cannot take it seriously.

Tell Them that not me. lol
Quote by Alex Vik
Almost everyone who says "everyone is created equal" is a hypocrite. Women, black people, etc.

And yes, it sucks to be white, as no one but white people can possibly be racist according to society.

Yes, because white males are statistically worse off than blacks and women.

Quote by aaronob

No, I do not think every other month is white history month. Thats just an excuse. Maybe it was way back when when all the textbook writers took out all the parts about people from different minorities.... but everything that is covered in school just talks about the most important events and people. Its just that a lot of them happen to be white.

Because for the first 90 years of the republic blacks were considered property (not to mention the 150 years of colonization) and the next 100 were partially defined by jim crow laws and institutionalized segregation specifically meant to keep blacks on a lower level and unable to affect change or have any prominence on a national level.

So yeah, I'm pretty sure we don't need a white history month. The fact that American History has been made mostly through the actions of white men is not coincidental.

Anyone wanna question why there's not a White Entertainment Channel to conteract BET? Cause there's an obvious answer for that too.