Got one from radioshack that was N.O.(normally on) which I figured was on when the button wasn't touched, off when pressed but it wasn't. Any big name stores to find these at(USA)? If not, online sites?
look up some on Ebay/Musicians friend/GC etc.
yay today's 200th(or 300 i dont remember) post
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Last edited by WTF!!is a TAB at Feb 14, 2009,
Sounds like you want a momentary switch that will let a signal through when untouched, but cut it off when pressed. I think this is what you're looking for, but I'm not sure if that's on when its not depressed (description says normally open, so I think so).
Momentary means that the state of the switch only changes when you hold it down.
Ya I have the above red switch, now I just need to know how to use it. I have a BC Rich with 3 way switch and 3 volume/tone knobs. How would I set this so it shorted it?
it involves wiring. you have to build it into your guitar. there are guides on how to do it. its easier if your guitar has a control plate. like a tele.
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
There's an Ultimate Killswitch Thread in the GB&C forum. Those guys will tell you all you need to know.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Ok figured it out. Wired it to the output to short it. Works fine with distortion, anyway to stop the popping sound when playing clean?
Last edited by ldiablo233 at Feb 19, 2009,
Works fine with distortion(pressing kinda hard), anyway to stop the popping sound it makes sometimes when I don't press hard, or on clean? Guessing a better button?
Quote by Roast Beef
A killswitch uses a push-to-break switch, as in you push the button to break the circuit.

NO . they use a push to complete circuit, push the button to send your hot signal to ground.

to the TS you want a normally OFF switch.