I love songs with that choir or hymn, church singers type stuff in them. Reminds me of Russia or Chernobyl or places like that. My sort of point is Im trying to make a song with this stuff in it. Do i just like do it my self? If you dont know what im talking about heres a perfect song to show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MAOLbylg8A

listen at around 0:31
Green Day blows.
SLAYER!!!
ive been wanting to experiment with this same idea
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
i love me some bunnys

--> --> --> -->

Anybody up for a WookieCore Band? You let me know.

Watch me as i Rock on...
Quote by Empathica1928
a song called mother russia would make me think of russia, too

No really? yes im not just saying about this song, its just an example.
Green Day blows.
SLAYER!!!
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
most bands use samples/synths for that sort of thing.

Do you like program that ****, how do you do it? Do you know? Im in a big song writing mood.
Green Day blows.
SLAYER!!!
Quote by MetalheaDx666
Do you like program that ****, how do you do it? Do you know? Im in a big song writing mood.

I use a sample set and play it on my keyboard.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
thats some cool stuff
Ivan!

Proghead+Metalhead= ME

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

URL=http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ar gentina
To properly write for a choir, you need to know how to write for 4-part harmony.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
To properly write for a choir, you need to know how to write for 4-part harmony.

True, if you are writing choir centric music, but for stuff like this you usually only need to write a melody line.

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
True, if you are writing choir centric music, but for stuff like this you usually only need to write a melody line.

What would you have the other 3 voices do?

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
What would you have the other 3 voices do?

Nothing really, the choir sounds are just there for ambiance, you usually don't need a full choir arrangement.

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
Nothing really, the choir sounds are just there for ambiance, you usually don't need a full choir arrangement.

I see...

Too bad. There could be so much potential for a bigger sound if they were writing for a complete 4-part choir.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
I see...

Too bad. There could be so much potential for a bigger sound if they were writing for a complete 4-part choir.

True, but that can also be a pain in the ass to arrange properly in this sort of context, being able to compose and arrange an oratorio is generally not one of the abilities possessed by rock musicians.

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
True, but that can also be a pain in the ass to arrange properly in this sort of context, being able to compose and arrange an oratorio is generally not one of the abilities possessed by rock musicians.

They should hire me to do it for them...

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana