Would you include the Pit in your acceptance speech?

I sure would.
Quote by scott58
Worst? I don't know. My buddies old MG 10 until we turned it into a cup holder and ash tray.
Well it would only be appropriate if the award was something like "most time spent on the internet." In which case, I would not even want to show my face when my name is announced.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
why would i?

personally, if i ever win a legit/high publicized award, im going to take the award, say two words into the microphone ("thank you"), then go sit down.

1) it will increase my indie cred
2) hopefully it will create a decent amount of media coverage/hype so i will get free publicity, and i make more money because of it.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Unless the Pit really, really, really helped me actually get said award, I probably wouldn't mention them in my acceptance speech.
I'd be like,
"I'd like to thank all my friends and family for helping me, i'd also like to thank the Pit on UG for reminding me how much of a loser I am. thank you and goodnight"
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
I would say nothing but "UG FTW."

Unless I had a hot gf/wife at the time. Then I would thank her first.
kill all humans
anyone else hear "major award" and think of this?

... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
^^No
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
There's been sooo many threads done on this; I don't even wanna hear that you used the searchbar. Staring at it and giggling does not count.
The worlds fu cked up and we lit the fuse, its all used up what you gonna do?
Quote by BottleOfSmoke

Damn, that's exactly what I was going to post.
Quote by NoLaurelTree000
why would i?

personally, if i ever win a legit/high publicized award, im going to take the award, say two words into the microphone ("thank you"), then go sit down.

1) it will increase my indie cred
2) hopefully it will create a decent amount of media coverage/hype so i will get free publicity, and i make more money because of it.

Hitchcock did it already when he won the lifetime achievement Oscar. Any media coverage will be of you copying his idea.

To answer TS's question, no. I would thank God for making me so awesome, my family/SO, whoever I worked with on the thing that won me the award, and Theodore Roosevelt for continued inspiration when I'm feeling down.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
I would thank Kensai and Reva, not the Pit.
In diesem Herz hab ich die Macht.

Gear:
Fender MIM HSS Strat (Wine Red)
VOX Valvetronix VT20+
Kay K390 Acoustic
Quote by crackerpleaz
YES!!

glad im not the only one who watches that **** 24 hrs straight every year.

also i would thank the hot chicks thread
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
No, I wouldn't straight up come out and say it. I'd probably make reference to the biting pear of salamenca or insult Frenchy. You know, something classy.
*walks in*

"'Major award', huh?"

Quote by BottleOfSmoke

*walks out*
You're*