If one were to not compare them to the vintage originals, how would the reissue pickups stack up in your opinion?
Quote by Always-Ben
If one were to not compare them to the vintage originals, how would the reissue pickups stack up in your opinion?

...Against what? I'm confused, you never gave anything to compare them to...
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Quote by necrosis1193
...Against what? I'm confused, you never gave anything to compare them to...

Well....just in general. Do they sound unique? Do they have any inherent faults?
Well, you'll want to replace the pots. You either want to replace the stock 250k ones with 500k ones or vice versa, I'm not sure, but after that, I like them. It's a nice Fendery take on humbuckers, which I like.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
The new pickups are just regular humbuckers. There is nothing about them which makes them 'Wide Range' pickups at all. They use a completely different magnet to the original (Alnico II instead of the original CuNiFe), they are made in a completely different way. From the outside they look the same, but that's it.
It doesn't help the reissues uses 250k pots, when the original ones used 1meg and 500k pots.

In other words, the new ones on the reissue just sound like regular humbuckers, because that's all they are. Basic, boring, Alnico bar magnet humbuckers.

This is why original Wide Range pickups get prices upwards of £300 each.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
But surely, there must be some difference between them---Ive played Telecaster Deluxes before, and while I'm no expert on sound, there was a difference.