How can i tune my strings to D-A-D-F#-B-E
im a beginner and have an Intelli guitar Tuner- IMT101

if anyone can give me step by step easy to follow instructions on how to do this that would be great.

Thanks heaps.
Tune the 6th string down a whole step, leave the 5th and 4th strings alone, and then tune the 3rd string down a half step.
Neon Neon Neon Neon Neon Black

UG's #1 anti-active advocate

Gear:
Engl Powerball
Carvin DC727
Schecter C-1+
Line 6 Flextone 3
Line 6 M9
^ what he said, hit the chromatic button twice for the 6th string and once for the 3rd string (string order is from the skinniest string to the thickest)
Quote by shredmeiser101
I tried BAGDAD tuning once, it actually was quite alright.

Quote by Meths
Do you have to actively try to spell words that wrong or does it come naturally to you?

Quote by MedicreDemon
You are very clever.

I invented this literary device I call sarcasm, that was an example of it.
Cheers for the fast reply.

But what do you mean by whole steps and half steps and the chromatic button?
Sorry for the silly Q.
hi there LAcoustic, this is my first post here on the forums, but i believe i may be of some help.

Quote by LAcoustic
But what do you mean by whole steps and half steps and the chromatic button?

so, im going to assume you know little to nothing (dont take offence to this please) about guitar.

So, you know that a guitar is tuned to E,A,D,G,B,e right? (going from thickest to thinnest) The tuning you want is D,A,D,F#,B,E. SO basically you want to tune the E (the thickest string) down all the way to D. If you're a bit confused as to how far to tune it, slowly turn the knob down and keep hitting the string, It will go from E, to D#, then it will go to D...whenever you tune a guitar make sure that you go 'slighty' below proper tuning, then tune up as this will ensure you stay in tune. Do the same with the F#, hit the G-string (4th string from the top) and tune down until it hits F# and make sure you go down then up like last time.

And dont worry about the chromatic button or anything, i have the same tuner and you dont have to do that. Also, as a bit of a newbie tip, whole steps and half steps just mean semitones and tones. E to D is a tone, G to F# is a semitone (half a tone), you'll get into this a lot more when you learn theory and stuff.

Hope i could be of some help there...just pm me if you have any probs!
LAcoustic,
If your guitar is already tuned to standard tuning (EADGBe) from thick string down to thin string, then you are going to tune your E string which is the one closest to you when looking down on the guitar or the fattest string down 1 whole step. (see more below on "steps"). Then you are going to tune only the 3rd string down from G to F# pronounced F sharp. This will ultimately give you what you are looking for in DADF#Be. Now, about those steps..."steps" is a common term for tonal degrees on a chromatic scale. A half a step is equal to one fret down or up on the fretboard. Now if you are tuned to E for example on the low sounding, fattest string, to get it to sound like a D you must first go down one half step to E flat (Eb) which is the same note as D#. Then again one half step to D. This equals one whole step on the chromatic scale. If you have a tuner that shows natural notes and flats/sharps then this should be rather easy. Hope this helps.
oh crap, you must've been typing while i was Tony68 but yeah...now you cant get it wrong LAcoustic
some.will.seek, yeah that just goes to show that there are a lot of people out there willing to help a new person learn guitar. Good job and thanks for helping me explain this to LAcoustic.
The low E (biggest string, sixth from bottom) match it at the seventh fret, to the fifth string open.

Match the third string from the bottom, the G string, to the fourth string (the D) at the fourth fret.
Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95
People only come here to get sigged anyway

Quote by Basti95
Rats, I thought someone would sig it and make me famous...

it was going to be my big break

Thanks heaps guys.

I recently tuned back to standard tuning.

But for some reason the way i tuned it doesnt sound right this time...Sounds alot more of a low sound for some reason...
Sometimes a guitar will adjust itself; when one string is changed, others react to a change in the force on the neck. Double check with a tuner.
Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95
People only come here to get sigged anyway

Quote by Basti95
Rats, I thought someone would sig it and make me famous...

it was going to be my big break

Yeah ive checked like 5 times. All strings are on green or close to it...
I just hope its tuned properly.