hey guys i want a really versatile chorus pedal that doesnt sound too over the top. the small clone i hear has really strong chorus effects and i dont think that is what i'm looking for.

I want to buy the MXR Stereo Chorus. I've tried it but i really haven't used it too much. I used it for about 5 minutes and liked it kinda. Guitar Center's was broken, so i couldnt try it out much there either. I also like the boss CE-5. i hear good things about the ibanez chorus also.

I'm searching for sound kinda like from Hearts Burst into Fire by Bullet For My Valentine. The intro type of chorus tone:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhRrqPVDf9g
orhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhRrqPVDf9g
but maybe less trebly, but i guess that's eq

EDI: overall i want something to do good wet and dry sounds and get a good metallic 12 string vintage sound. i found out BFMV uses ibanez i think. it was in guitar world only the picture no description.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Last edited by apak at Feb 15, 2009,
Look at an Ibanez CF-7. A very underrated pedal. Not good for the very strong chorus sound, but for just a light chorus it's great.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Small clones can lighten up quite a bit as long as you leave the rate switch down.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
yeah turn the depth switch down and the rate down and it can be almost too subtle for at least my tastes
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
what's your budget?

if you're willing to spend some money, i'd suggest a Red Witch Empress Chorus. it sounds simply beautiful.

http://www.proguitarshop.com/product.php?ProductID=593&CategoryID=20

it is a bit pricey though.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Last edited by Waterboy799 at Feb 15, 2009,
I have the MXR Stereo Chorus and it is amazing. It is the most versatile chorus pedal out there and can cover pretty much anything that other chorus pedals can (and more). Great choice if you decide to get one.
The visual sound chorus is really nice. Its analog, stereo/1 wet 1dry output, can go from mild to wild very easy.
well it has to be under 200 bucks and be available to buy in sam ash. i have really good coupons. that's why haha. if i didn't i wouldnt be buying one.
sorry for not mentioning budget earlier.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Uh, pretty much any chorus will get the job done. Even those pedals with NO re-sell value.

Chances are, you want to be able to sell it in the future though, so go with a common brand such as Boss or Ibanez, but NOT a boutique brand that is more expensive and may sound slightly better.
If you are new at it, you won't be able to tell the difference, and you will save money.
I want a boss CE-2. Its a Vintage analog chorus and sounds so sweet and wet.