Okay so a couple weeks ago I was pulling an all nighter with some friends writing some music and such.
Around 5 a.m. We decided to have a 5 hour energy and it was the first one I myself had ever had. Now, normally I don't have bad reactions to excessive amount of caffeine, guarana, etc. But with this, I ended up passing out in the backseat of a care and having my heart rate drop really really far down within 30 mins of ingestion. I wasn't tired at all when I took this stuff, but the effects of 5 Hour Energy almost killed me.

I'm curious to know if any other person has had bad effects from this stuff.

Also my blood pressure is now higher than normal and I'm only 18 and at a decent BMI and I've quit drinking any energy drinks now because of this experience.
ESP Eclipse Standard Series W/ PRS Santana II Pickups
PRS SE Soapbar II
Peavey 5150 120w Head
Avatar 412 Traditional Cab(v30's+G12H30's)
Malekko, Rocktron, T-Rex and MXR/Dunlop pedals
I just hate the taste of energy drinks. They taste like carbonated cleaning liquid with a few pounds of sugar mixed in.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Next time drink two
Quote by herby190
Every thread I've seen you in has been a complete success. Yay you!

Quote by theking182
i'm voting for GNiCk89. i just like how he speaks TO me, not AT me.

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Yea, Sublime is a great band. You have an Underoath icon, so I think your opinion doesn't matter.
Quote by GNiCk89
Next time drink two

Because suicide by energy drink is awesome...

Just because your .gif is bad ass I can only laugh at your post and not find you to be an asshole
PRS SE Soapbar II
Peavey 5150 120w Head
can't say ive ever had that happen, just the passing out after i gave blood once cause of the stupid heart, but never a problem cause of energy drinks, well that bad of one
According to wiki FAP really stands for familial adenomatous polyposis, a type of colon cancer.
--------------
Ibanez SZ720
Randall RG75D
--------------
Me Playing Stuff: Here
big deal dude i blacked out after having a monster too, i still drink them
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
5 hour energy didnt have THAT bad of an effect on me, but it was in the same direction. I just stick to good old talon/lost and Xenergy.
(۳ ˚Д˚۳
WTFISTHIS****!?!??

My Rig

Quote by SimplyBen
Wait until he's trying the fullstack, then shove it from behind. Crushing him with it's overdrive

Quote by BobDetroit
You can't tune a LP copies down. Some kind of lawsuit Gibson won. Sorry.
Quote by imnopunkrocker9
can't say ive ever had that happen, just the passing out after i gave blood once cause of the stupid heart, but never a problem cause of energy drinks, well that bad of one

ROFL...the bassist in my band did that last month. I had never seen someone pass out playing guitar before then
PRS SE Soapbar II
Peavey 5150 120w Head
Quote by -tempest-
your desiion to stop drnking them was a good one

Yep. Otherwise you would turn into one of those caffine addicts that gets sick if they DON'T get excessive amounts of caffine. Natural energy from carbs is where it's at!
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Arch1119
Because suicide by energy drink is awesome...

Just because your .gif is bad ass I can only laugh at your post and not find you to be an asshole

It's rare for someone to say that about me. Usually it's very opposite.

But yeah definitely was a post for shits and giggles
Quote by herby190
Every thread I've seen you in has been a complete success. Yay you!

Quote by theking182
i'm voting for GNiCk89. i just like how he speaks TO me, not AT me.

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Yea, Sublime is a great band. You have an Underoath icon, so I think your opinion doesn't matter.
My brother used it before, only thing it did was make him a little sick...but a little 3 oz. thing of energy doesn't have much effect on a 6'6" 260+ lb person.
Quote by Alex Vik
My brother used it before, only thing it did was make him a little sick...but a little 3 oz. thing of energy doesn't have much effect on a 6'6" 260+ lb person.

Holy **** thats tall...
I'm only 5'6''
PRS SE Soapbar II
Peavey 5150 120w Head
Similar thing happened to me, cept it was LSd not an energy drink.

>.>

<.<

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ASTRAL PANDA σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Last.fm
Am I the only one here that can drink an energy drink and not have something happen? Yesterday I drank three, and they had no effect on me. And I mean three 16 oz. ones.

Quote by Arch1119
Holy **** thats tall...
I'm only 5'6''

Holy **** that's short...compared to the men in my family.

My dad's 6'2", and I'm currently 6'1", but I've still got some growing to do.
Last edited by Alex Vik at Feb 15, 2009,
I guess I'm fortunate that I benefit "normally" from energy drinks. Although it helps that I only drink them when I actually do need energy for something and I'm tired.

One of my co-workers this summer would take 15-20 "energy pills" a day, I forget what was hte active ingredient in that ****. Probably guarana or some other garbage. Moral of the story: don't abuse the energy supplements.