Page 1 of 3
haha! after 3 years of searching, i finnally found a copy of the pollywog stew EP!!! just so you all know they were a hardcore punk band before goin all hip-hop.
check out this cover song to see what i mean.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0NJD7TsfII
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
nope there isnt
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman

Quote by Kosh H

Quote by WantsLesPaul

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
There is. It's one of the first threads I read on here.

But that was a few years ago, so this thread will probably be fine.

Anyways, they're much better as a rap band.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
i like the punk stuff. its not great, but its decent.
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman

Quote by Kosh H

Quote by WantsLesPaul

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
haha that was so retardedly hilarious. i love it. gave it 5 stars
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman

Quote by Kosh H

Quote by WantsLesPaul

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Quote by lavazza
I dislike the Beastie Boys, even watchign that they were hardcore, I simply hate hip hop
They were mediocre as a hardcore band anyways. When I downloaded their discography, there was some of their hardcore stuff included. When I try to listen to it I always find myself switching to something else.

Like Check Your Head, which I'm currently spinnin'. I forgot how good this album is.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Last edited by element4433 at Feb 15, 2009,
I listened to their hardcore stuff a couple of months ago. Their hip-hop is better.
Quote by RockThe40oz
Shut up, Lavazza... Beastie Boys are awesome.

Black Flag are boring and Beastie Boys are awesome?

I expect you to find you in some *****house flutter with 20$ note and shout
I buy dis fockin´ house ma homees.......

Hip Hop always sounds to me like a hard larynx disease. Or like Kermit with hiccup
Quote by lavazza
Black Flag are boring and Beastie Boys are awesome?

I expect you to find you in some *****house flutter with 20$ note and shout
I buy dis fockin´ house ma homees.......

Hip Hop always sounds to me like a hard larynx disease. Or like Kermit with hiccup

Beastie Boys make fun music. It's not meant to be taken seriously.
Quote by lavazza
^then I probably don´t understand the fun since I´m not always willing to listen to the lyrics all the time, therefore they suck

My god you're a douchebag
Quote by Firewolf2
My god you're a douchebag

When you´re willing to listen to German Hip Hop that´s "fun" then we can talk again.

Hip Hop also sucks when it´s in German, they always insult somebodys mother (see the Subhumans reference) or are sexist or homophobe. Yes all of the hip hop just the hippie hip hop where they try to educate people........I know Hip Hoppers whic hae intelligent people though
I didn't read a single post in this thread but I just came here to say that words cannot express how much I love the Beastie Boys. They are definately one of my favorite groups.

EDIT: A Tribe Called Quest, Lavazizzle. Get into it.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I've been busy getting drunk and yelling at endangered species for being pussies. It's a dehydrating job but someone has to do it.
fo sho
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
I usually find hip hop too repetitive. Many songs are pretty good, but they can be summed up in a few seconds. The genre seems to appeal to people who care about lyrics, and I don't care about lyrics.
I remember a friend at college just ranting on how misogynistic the Beastie boys were etc etc. I just sat there and laughed so hard, because she didn't get the joke.

I love the Beastie Boys.
Quote by werty22
I usually find hip hop too repetitive. Many songs are pretty good, but they can be summed up in a few seconds. The genre seems to appeal to people who care about lyrics, and I don't care about lyrics.

While lyrics contribute to hip hop's appeal, basically I will listen to anything I can dance to. But explaining the appeal of a musical genre is like explaining why ice cream is so delicious (--it just is).
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I've been busy getting drunk and yelling at endangered species for being pussies. It's a dehydrating job but someone has to do it.
Quote by werty22

I care a lot about lyrics and attitude, I still dislike hip hop, am I the only one in the world who really dislikes the music the lyrics are based on and the character of singing/rapping is just annoying?

Where´s Mike´s hate when I need it?

EDIT: an individual thing Christina...... I don´t eat ice cream that often either.......I think I fail in cultural imperatives
Last edited by lavazza at Feb 17, 2009,
German hip-hop? Pfft. The only German band you need is Die Prinzen. Haha
Quote by BlackLuster
DisgruntledDuck, I wish there were more people like you in the world.

Quote by Jaimz
You Sir, have my utmost respect

I have Jaimz' utmost respect and BlackLuster wishes that there were more people like me in the world!
Quote by lavazza
Glad you put the "haha" behind that.......though Die Prinzen are better than any hip hop band/artist

It's brilliant, because when I studied German in school, the text books and corresponding tapes would always use "Die Prinzen" as an example for so many scenarios etc...and honestly, I thought they were a made up band.

So imagine my joy when I discovered how real they are...
Quote by BlackLuster

Quote by Jaimz

I have Jaimz' utmost respect and BlackLuster wishes that there were more people like me in the world!
^

Sorry for hijacking this thread, when anybody wants to talk the Beastie Boys push me away, but I´m really interested what German do they teach in books? I´ve heard about the way they teach it in France and one of the things they taught them was just used in bavarian slang.
Quote by RockThe40oz

Beastie Boys make fun music. It's not meant to be taken seriously.

But they are seriously awesome.
Aww mom you're just jealous, it's the......
Quote by lavazza
I care a lot about lyrics and attitude, I still dislike hip hop, am I the only one in the world who really dislikes the music the lyrics are based on and the character of singing/rapping is just annoying?

EDIT: an individual thing Christina...... I don´t eat ice cream that often either.......I think I fail in cultural imperatives
Everyone knows that if you want to be seen as musically open minded, you have to listen to hip hip.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by lavazza
^

Sorry for hijacking this thread, when anybody wants to talk the Beastie Boys push me away, but I´m really interested what German do they teach in books? I´ve heard about the way they teach it in France and one of the things they taught them was just used in bavarian slang.

My memory is pretty hazy and I don't have a textbook...it was, to my memory, based around basic topics like greetings in conversation, the weather, hobbies, school, holidays etc...and in conjunction with those, we'd have to learn the cases and other grammatical rules. I couldn't tell you if we were taught a certain type of German (if that makes any sense?!); I got the impression it was just the basics. I didn't study it past the age of 16...so most of what I can remember is how to say things about people's mothers in a gramatically incorrect way i.e Deine Mutter ist sehr heis und lecker etc

RE: The Beastie Boys. I like them. Their hardcore stuff is god awful. In fact, anything they do involving guitars I tend to dislike. But I like their rap/hop.
Quote by BlackLuster

Quote by Jaimz

Quote by DisgruntledDuck
My memory is pretty hazy and I don't have a textbook...it was, to my memory, based around basic topics like greetings in conversation, the weather, hobbies, school, holidays etc...and in conjunction with those, we'd have to learn the cases and other grammatical rules. I couldn't tell you if we were taught a certain type of German (if that makes any sense?!); I got the impression it was just the basics. I didn't study it past the age of 16...so most of what I can remember is how to say things about people's mothers in a gramatically incorrect way i.e Deine Mutter ist sehr heis und lecker etc

Then you probably learned German the way I learned French, one ear in, the other ear out.
For examples of good hip hop, see:
Atmosphere
GZA (and other Wu-Tang related artists)
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
Quote by lavazza

I am trying to be more open minded nowadays...

Every time I try to get out, they always pull me back in...
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
i have the "punk" ep they did in 95. Aglio e Olio..and honestly, it's kinda bad.

it wouldn't be that bad, but the songs are too long for their own good. it gets annoying.
Page 1 of 3