ok well im self taught and now later down the line im suffering for it

ive been kinda ignoring my pinky finger kuz its slower and disproportionate to my hand lol
but now as u can tell im suffering for it and i need some advice on some exercises to do just with my pinky finger because everytime i do normally exercises my other fingers get better faster than my pink
just include it...it may be hard af first, but away from bending it has the same potential as all the others
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
GUITAR HERO on hard or expert!

lol seriously start off slow doin easy crap and by easy i mean EASSY
"You Laugh at me for Being Different. I laugh at you for all Being the Same."

Girls I want to Intercourse
Jessica Alba
Oprah
Girlicious (each of them)
Betty White
Try exercises like playing 1-4, 2-4, or 3-4 slowly up and down the neck, trying to keep your pinky movements as independent as possible?
this is gunna sound weird but ive got an inssanely disproprtionate pinky finger and when i use it on the top string i need to arch the rest of my fingers which puts massive strain on them
am i just failing at technique or is my pinky useless
Try doing hammer-ons using your pinky. Do them using all variations; 1-4, 2-4, & 3-4.
Go slowly at first. The main objective is clarity, not speed. Speed is a by product of doing something over and over correctly.
There's my way and the wrong way.
Quote by kennel
this is gunna sound weird but ive got an inssanely disproprtionate pinky finger and when i use it on the top string i need to arch the rest of my fingers which puts massive strain on them
am i just failing at technique or is my pinky useless

As in you have to pull your other fingers away from the strings?? Or have you still got them on the strings?
as in like my pinky has to be flat against the fretboard to touch the top string and all other fingers are arched
About your pinky problem, try moving your thumb down the neck (about where your B string is) when playing in low strings with your pinky, that way you can still arch it.

On excercises, i will PM you tomorow some workouts from both my electric and classical guitar lessons that will help you develop finger strenght. They focus a lot on the pinky, so wait for them.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
in answer to finger sprite its usually about middle maybe drifting a lil towards the top

and thanks in advance idnovelo
I'm a bit confused tbh, I've got pretty small hands and my pinky normally sits a bit flatter than my other fingers, particularly on the top strings but it doesn't seem to be a problem...

All I can possibly think of would be to experiment with the angle of the neck and where your thumb is on the back of the neck. Run those drills that Idnoelo suggested, slowly and see what you can do. Sorry I couldn't offer much else