Hey guys
so up till now when ive been using my ipod, i set my eq to high bass with middle mids and middle treble
but ive noticed that i cant rly hear some of the vocals and guitar solos that i could hear when using my comp speakers
so i tried the "V pattern" for my eq, but nothing changed
which rly pisses me off when i listen to octavarium, cuz i cant hear the badass solo at the end
so does anyone have some good settings for their eq?
Put it on R&B.
For some reason its perfect for metal.
It increases the bass but at the same time retains clarity.
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000
Leave your eq.... they don't hire producers etc, that eq cd's for weeks just for you to throw on some ****ed eq on your ipod
███████████████████████████████████
Its most likely the headphones you bought. Try some £20 (about $40-50) ones, and thats low range, but still decent quality.

Failing that, buy a new MP3 player that isn't called "iPod"

To the guy above:

It's all about personal preference. Theres an EQ on your PC. Theres an EQ on just about anything you listen through, so there needs to be a setting, even if you don't like it.
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Everyone is trying a comeback now. Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage, and now bin Laden? Come on. Give it a rest..

haha
Last edited by IDon'tLoveYou at Feb 15, 2009,
Quote by tona_107
Leave your eq.... they don't hire producers etc, that eq cd's for weeks just for you to throw on some ****ed eq on your ipod

its called mastering and we do it on 1000 dollar speakers. we cant compensate for your ****ty earphones.
Quote by Faux~Affliction
Put it on R&B.
For some reason its perfect for metal.
It increases the bass but at the same time retains clarity.

+1

I use R&B as well even though I have 0 R&B on my ipod and listen to mostly Metal/Rock/Jazz
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
Quote by IDon'tLoveYou
Its most likely the headphones you bought. Try some £20 (about $40-50) ones, and thats low range, but still decent quality.

To the guy above:

It's all about personal preference. Theres an EQ on your PC. Theres an EQ on just about anything you listen through, so there needs to be a setting, even if you don't like it.

You can usually set it to just a flat eq....not adding or takign away any frequencies... or do you mean the eq'ing done on your speakers and soundcard/audio software itself that you can't adjust?
You can ajust it on certain speakers, but say built-in laptops its non-adjustable (i believe)

And for people who have sh*tty headphones or speakers, it can make it sound half decent.

The mastering that is done is done on 5000 quid speakers, normally Genlecs, and home speakers just can't recreate the sound of these (they're amazing)
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Everyone is trying a comeback now. Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage, and now bin Laden? Come on. Give it a rest..

haha
Quote by convictionless
its called mastering and we do it on 1000 dollar speakers. we cant compensate for your ****ty earphones.

'We?'

Oh yeah, that's right your a recording engineer aren't you? Heh... Almost forgot, What with that huge colorful Sig and all.

Funny that.

return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Quote by IDon'tLoveYou

To the guy above:

i actually use a samsung t10. i just said ipod so it wouldnt confuse ppl