okay so i just bought that stuff "finger ease" and my friend has gotten me all paranoid that ill **** up my guitar.

will it do any harm to my guitar?
i have a friend that uses it...i don't think it will mess up your guitar at all but it really makes the strings and the fret board feel really gross. having played his guitars after they had been sprayed with the stuff, i really didn't like the way they felt or played.
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Ash Lite Stratocaster
Ibanez ac70 acoustic
Ovation Celebrity
Fender Blues Jr
planet waves tuner-ts9dx tubescreamer-metal muff-boss ce-5-delta labs dd1 delay
a lot of times I will use a little lemon oil. I oil the fretboard with the oil while the strings are still on it. wipe off the excess oil and you have a well oiled neck with some slicked up strings
fretboard lube.
gross.
███████████████████████████████████
I have that stuff.... I used it once and had to restring my guitar because it felt horrible. But it won't harm your guitar.
Quote by twistudriffer
a lot of times I will use a little lemon oil. I oil the fretboard with the oil while the strings are still on it. wipe off the excess oil and you have a well oiled neck with some slicked up strings

i asked the guy at the shop for lemon oil, and he gave me that finger ease stuff..
Quote by cutthenooses
your face.
gross.

Go back to The Pit.

Shouldn't harm your guitar, no, but I wouldn't recommend it for the same reasons others have said.
I use it when my strings or neck feels grimy and gross.It wont do any harm to your guitar at all,but it will make the strings and neck a bit slick until you play on them for a bit,which I actually like for shredding.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by cutthenooses
your face.
gross.

LAWL!!! good one fag.
you're the one with fingerboard lube not me.
Quote by Pr0gNut
I use it when my strings or neck feels grimy and gross.It wont do any harm to your guitar at all,but it will make the strings and neck a bit slick until you play on them for a bit,which I actually like for shredding.

+1

i use it for the same reason....and no it wont harm your strings...supposedly its supposed to prolong the life of them too but....hasnt done that for me
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell
Quote by heretic-clown
+1

i use it for the same reason....and no it wont harm your strings...supposedly its supposed to prolong the life of them too but....hasnt done that for me

I find it will bring back a bit of tone in dead strings and it gets almost all of that dirt/rust/oil build up off them.The stuff is definitely a handy thing to have around,especially for glossy necks that get sticky easily.I actually have 3 cans of it and it's part of my regular guitar maintenance.

Also,it's not "fretboard lube"as an earlier poster called it.It's an aerosol that you spray on,let dry a bit,then wipe off with a cloth.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by tona_107
LAWL!!! good one fag.
you're the one with fingerboard lube not me.

Nice, way to call him a "fag".

I'm sure you know that's rather disparaging towards homosexual people.

EDIT: Fingerboard lube... uh... isn't it string cleaner? Be more careful applying it then. Don't just spray it - put it on a cloth and wipe them down.

EDIT: Good to see you Pr0g, helpin' clear this problem and confusion up.
Last edited by XxGibsonSGxX at Feb 15, 2009,
Quote by Pr0gNut
I find it will bring back a bit of tone in dead strings and it gets almost all of that dirt/rust/oil build up off them.The stuff is definitely a handy thing to have around,especially for glossy necks that get sticky easily.I actually have 3 cans of it and it's part of my regular guitar maintenance.

Also,it's not "fretboard lube"as an earlier poster called it.It's an aerosol that you spray on,let dry a bit,then wipe off with a cloth.

...ive had one can of it for about a year.....i hardly use it since im kinda OCD about changing my strings regularly.....so i hardly use it...unless the strings i buy end up digging to much into my fingers and i spray that to soften my finger tips....and yeah i guess it does help when it comes to switching positions.

Fretboard Lube just sounds funny to me but your right about it being an aerosol can....people just keep getting more ignorant as i get older..
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell