Okay, I know how that thing works how you plug a mic into the comp or whatever and record the sound through a software.. but how would you work it on a video? Do you put the mic in a slot in a camcorder?
Someone please explain how to get good sound with vid.......
Quote by Garret.
fortify your anus

you never know what could happen
Quote by happytimeharry
I just had an odd mental image of someone building up a fort around their asshole made out of Lincoln Logs.

Quote by sacred_silence7
it's cause you forgot to put in an extra hammer-on

MUSE FAN?!!
No, you don't just plug a mic into a computer. As for video cameras, good models will have a separate input for a microphone.
you could record the sound through your computer then dub it over the video
would <$200 camcorders have the mic input? If it doesn't.. what's like the minimum cost with a good camcorder w/ mic input?
Quote by Garret.
fortify your anus

you never know what could happen
Quote by happytimeharry
I just had an odd mental image of someone building up a fort around their asshole made out of Lincoln Logs.

Quote by sacred_silence7
it's cause you forgot to put in an extra hammer-on

MUSE FAN?!!
You can get Video Cameras for <$200 with mic inputs, but none of the mics you can get for them are sturdy enough to accurately record live playing. Plus, if you're only recording sound from one source then in that one direction any single part of a band could dominate the mic, so you could end up with the sound of a rattly drum kit, a screechy guitar and a struggling singer, regardless of the sound level you can hear - That's all down to the fact that mics ''hear'' sound differently from the way we do.

I'd say, scratch the idea of the cam-mic, record everything individually, splice it together though a computer sound editing program and then dub it, it won't be easy but if you pull it off it'll be great.
Gear;
- B.C. Rich Warbeast Bloodbound
- B.C. Rich NT Zombie 5-String Bass
- BOSS GT-10 Multi Effects TANK!
...In other words, I'm taking a giant dump on fender owners who use pods.
just shoot a video of you jamming along to your own CD.. and then dub the CD into the video.

thats how the pros do it..
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.