So I'm getting kinda tired of my iPod, cus it doesn't really give a good quality sound, especially on high-volume. I'm using the $15 skull candy ear phones if that makes a difference at all.. but i'm thinking it's the MP3 itself.
So what MP3 player would you recommend with good quality at high volume?
Quote by Garret.
fortify your anus

you never know what could happen
Quote by happytimeharry
I just had an odd mental image of someone building up a fort around their asshole made out of Lincoln Logs.

Quote by sacred_silence7
it's cause you forgot to put in an extra hammer-on

MUSE FAN?!!
Whats the kbps rate of the mp3?

It's most likely the headphones, though.
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
High quality mp3 = 320kbps

Any higher and you'll want to go with FLAC, which cannot be played by most mp3 players.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by 1337guitarplayr
So I'm getting kinda tired of my iPod, cus it doesn't really give a good quality sound, especially on high-volume. I'm using the $15 skull candy ear phones if that makes a difference at all.. but i'm thinking it's the MP3 itself.
So what MP3 player would you recommend with good quality at high volume?

I'm thinking it's your earphones, brah.
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
Skull Candy earphones are fairly sturdy, it's not likely them. Ipods are ****e, they're designed for people who listen to quiet music 'cus it's so limited, probably something to do with H&S. If it can't make you deaf, it's not doing it's job.
Gear;
- B.C. Rich Warbeast Bloodbound
- B.C. Rich NT Zombie 5-String Bass
- BOSS GT-10 Multi Effects TANK!
...In other words, I'm taking a giant dump on fender owners who use pods.
Quote by decayingdave
Skull Candy earphones are fairly sturdy, it's not likely them. Ipods are ****e, they're designed for people who listen to quiet music 'cus it's so limited, probably something to do with H&S. If it can't make you deaf, it's not doing it's job.

This. I always use Sony mp3 players, got the new 16GB one at the moment, and it is nice and loud and sounds at least half decent even with the sh*tty earphones I'm using now. Skull Candy earphones are pretty damn good in my experience so I'm thinking it's probably the iPod.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
Are Skull Candys really that good?
I constantly get thrown off by the name..
I stick with my Creatives..

Could be the iPod..
After all.. Making anything isn't Apple's forte
Any earphones costing $15 are not going to be great quality anyway.
Headphones costing $15 which are clearly designed from the point of view of looks are going to skimp on sound quality. This is obvious, surely?

If your MP3s are encoded at low quality (128kbs) anyway, then the problem will be compounded. Get higher quality mp3s first if this is the problem, then invest in some better earphones.
Ceci n'est pas une signature
192 is a good compromise between quality and quantity. We'll all have Ogg Vorbis players before long anyway.
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
Volume and sound quality depends on the headphones, and quality also depends on the encoding of the file.
Quote by nick dixon
192 is a good compromise between quality and quantity. We'll all have Ogg Vorbis players before long anyway.

wat
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
Listen to the a good quality track on your ipod and then with the same headphones listen to the track on your pc. If the pc is noticably higher quality then yes its your ipod.
It's your earphones man, skullcandy are ****ing terrible unless you like listening to mud. Get yourself some Sennheiser CX300's and some higher quality MP3's.

The CX300's are probably the best headphones I've heared in the price range (around £20), they even got a good sound out of my old Ipod Mini.
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Last edited by faultyy at Feb 15, 2009,
Also, listening to earbuds at high volume is probably not a very good idea.
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
Quote by Quidra
Get a sony walkman i use one and it has a magnificent sound.

This. I have a Sony Walkman AWZ-A815 and i love it. And you might want to get some better earphones.
I'll run in the rain till Im breathless
When Im breathless I'll run till I drop
The thoughts of a fools kind of careless
Im just a fool waiting on the wrong block.
My Skull candy earphones are actually really decent, you know without springing for Seinnheisers. Its probably the files you need to look at.
Get a portable vinyl record player.
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
Skull Candy earbuds are the Marshall MG of the HiFi world. Get a good pair of headphones, a pocket headphone amp, and a Sansa Fuze.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
You probably have 128kbps music, congrats.

And $15 headphones, yeah, they will have an effect, especially if they're not in-ear. In-ear headphones are so much better.
My brother payed almost £300 ($550) for his earphones.

Get some Sennheiser's.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Last edited by Vauxite at Feb 15, 2009,
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
Skull Candy earbuds are the Marshall MG of the HiFi world. Get a good pair of headphones, a pocket headphone amp, and a Sansa Fuze.

What's a decent headphone amp man? Been thinking about getting one, but they seem to be around £170, which I can't really convince myself to pay
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Quote by faultyy
What's a decent headphone amp man? Been thinking about getting one, but they seem to be around £170, which I can't really convince myself to pay

I built my own, it's fairly easy and you can find instructions online, it ended up costing me about $50US.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm