Page 1 of 2
I like a lot of Genres in music such as Country to Rock and all the way to Death Metal/Thrash I mainly listen to a lot of Metalcore / Metal / Thrash bands like

All That Remains
Bullet for My Valentine
Trivium
Killswitch Engage
Metallica
MachineHead
Megadeth
August Burns Red
Children of Bodom

The tones i want basically strive from these bands i like and i basically want a good metalcore/ metal tone as well as something to set a platform down on customizing my own sound too... I been reading alot of reviews on the Peavey Valveking 112 and i've been thinking about buying it but not to sure about how the range is with the tones you can get from it.. I already have a Boss MT-2 Metalzone but its not that good with my Roland Microcube, Its only a 4 Watt amp tho But its a very good Practice amp for the bedroom.

Could anyone help me? Give me any Ideas or Recommendations?

Thanks.
I think you should cope for now, save up a little bit, and wait for the 6505+ 1x12". It's gonna be sweet
-Gear-
Line 6 Flextone III Plus
Behringer FCB1010 Emulating a FBV Longboard
Maybe a Mesa Rectifier because of the versatility, not a big fan of them though myself
Ibanez RGA 8 (Dimarzio D Activator 8)->Rocktron Hush->Engl E530 preamp->Marshall 9200 poweramp->Marshall 4x12 closed back cab w/ G12t75's
Best choices would be a Bugera 6260, 6262 combo or if you can wait a Peavey 6505 1x12.

Edit: And sell the MT-2. It's a horrible distortion pedal. And the valveking isn't really made for Metal. Also you should look into a used Peavey 5150/6505.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
Last edited by helsinki_vampir at Feb 15, 2009,
def wait for the 6505 1x12
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
The 6505+ and Rectifier for under 500?

Being Australian sucks sometimes =[

Sometimes?

I kid, I kid
-Gear-
Line 6 Flextone III Plus
hey TS i play all of those bands you listed, BUT i cant give you a recommendation because you didnt gave me a budget...........
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Wait how do we know what country he is from?

ill assume Australia.

Ashton viper, cheap, good and gets the job done.
If you cant get it sounding usable/good either learn to dial in an amp and/or tighten up your picking/technique/playign in general.

Are we talking Head/cab or combo?

Save abit more dosh and get a Bugera, people bash it but the people who do are mostly people who band wagon and have never played the thing.
Slays most(havent played every ) amp in its price range.
The 333xl>6262 IMO.

I am assuming you are from Australia so this is what im basing my recomendations on.
The Ashton viper and Bugera 6262/333/333xl are your best options, and your only options in that price range.

EDIT: wait you're probably not from australia, so go used. and i still stand behind my bugera recomendation.
Last edited by wongacaster at Feb 15, 2009,
Problem is i only got a Budget under 500 and its going to be a Year or more before i have enough money for a 6505... I'm still a Amateur at guitar playing so i dont think ill be in a band or on a stage for a while.. I Just really want a Upgrade from my Roland Microcube and get a good tube amp with a lot of versicle tones around 400-500
Oh and I'm 17 and I'm from the US I'd go crazy if i found a used 6505 in good condition.. Cabs are pricey as well I want to get good tones so i can learn the songs from the bands i like and practice on making my own sound as well Damn finding good amps is hard lol!
Last edited by TylerX at Feb 15, 2009,
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
hey TS i play all of those bands you listed, BUT i cant give you a recommendation because you didnt gave me a budget...........

under 500
Quote by aradroxar
I think you should cope for now, save up a little bit, and wait for the 6505+ 1x12". It's gonna be sweet

That's amazing lol I'm looking it up but i see no prices.. Id say around 900 or 800 :X
Quote by slickerthnsleek
^ LOL dude, read the title of the thread.

another fail foar me.............

TS go get teh Bugera 333xl but let a tech rebias it and check it before you play it.....
feel free to add me
Quote by bulletrocks522
B-52 AT-112 with boost/or EQ pedal. 360$

good suggestion but B52s are only in America and Canada.....
feel free to add me
Quote by TylerX
That's amazing lol I'm looking it up but i see no prices.. Id say around 900 or 800 :X

$750 RRP = around $500 after a deal and some haggling
-Gear-
Line 6 Flextone III Plus
Quote by aradroxar
$750 RRP = around $500 after a deal and some haggling

Damn i don't wanna wait until summer tho lol
I might just buy a Bad Monkey for my Roland Microcube Because i prefer my 4W R-Fier setting on my $145 amp over Boss MT-2 Metalzone.
I Might just wait untill the summer when the 6505+ 112 comes out. and just buy a Bad Monkey for my Roland Microcube Because i prefer my 4W R-Fier setting on my $145 amp over my Boss MT-2 Metalzone [ Sounds like a wet blanket over amp when i switch to my neck pickup] The Microcube is an AWESOME beginner amp don't get me wrong..
Last edited by TylerX at Feb 15, 2009,
Quote by TylerX
I might just buy a Bad Monkey for my Roland Microcube Because i prefer my 4W R-Fier setting on my $145 amp over Boss MT-2 Metalzone.

i wouldn't do that, ODs sounds like crap on SS amp and GOOD on tube amps.......
but i think someone might disagree
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
i wouldn't do that, ODs sounds like crap on SS amp and GOOD on tube amps.......
but i think someone might disagree

Heh.. I'll stick with my Roland Microcube for another 4 months.. Had it for 2 years Great amp but no much variety with metal.. Going to have to buy another zune since my old one got stolen today.
How many watts will the 6505+ 112 have?
The Rig
Gibson Flying V
Blackstar HT-5 Stack
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
MXR GT-OD
Boss DS-1
Boss DD-3
Quote by Gibson V
How many watts will the 6505+ 112 have?

60 watts
feel free to add me
Ok thanks, darn.
The Rig
Gibson Flying V
Blackstar HT-5 Stack
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
MXR GT-OD
Boss DS-1
Boss DD-3
if you don't plan on gigging for awhile, why not get a toneport for your pc and buy the metal shop pack?

It'll give you recording ability, it'll be fun to play with, and (with a decent set of headphones), you won't disturb anyone.
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
good suggestion but B52s are only in America and Canada.....

another fail

he said he's from US
My gear:
PRS SE custom
~!~--Peavey XXX super 40 EFX --~!~
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
Quote by DaddyBarbs
another fail

he said he's from US

where did he say that...........
feel free to add me
Any recommendations for a Peavey Vypyr Tube 60 60W 1x12 Guitar Combo Amp???

I know the 6505+ 112 Combo is coming out in Q2 Of 2009 but I really want a new amp..Will th 6505+ 1x12 have the same settings and features and **** as the Heads and the 6505+ 2x12?

Price Tag.
$449,99

Peavey Vypyr Tube 60 60W 1x12 Guitar Combo Amp Features:

60 watts
4 channels with 3-band EQ, master volume and pre- and post-gain controls
Real 6L6 tube power
12" custom-voiced modeling loudspeaker
11 editable rack effects
11 editable stomp-box effects
Up to 5 effects SIMULTANEOUSLY
On-board looper
On-board chromatic tuner
Up to 400 presets with optional Sanpera II footswitch
Studio-quality USB computer interface
MIDI In/Out
Tap tempo button
Studio-quality headphone output
MP3/CD/Aux input
Patented TransTube technology in the preamp
Last edited by TylerX at Feb 17, 2009,
Quote by rlheart
if you don't plan on gigging for awhile, why not get a toneport for your pc and buy the metal shop pack?

It'll give you recording ability, it'll be fun to play with, and (with a decent set of headphones), you won't disturb anyone.

I Really dont like Digital stuff though but I have thought about that but I want a real amp :P
sorry for thread jacking, but are their any shops UK or that ship international that sell half stacks as one? i mean, buy the head and the cab in one go rather than buying them individually?

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Quote by Silver-spear94
sorry for thread jacking, but are their any shops UK or that ship international that sell half stacks as one? i mean, buy the head and the cab in one go rather than buying them individually?

I'm not really sure..
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/document?doc_id=91251 try that.. I'm sure if they sell A Stock Peaveys? Anyone check that for me because i heard Musicianfriends sell B stock sometimes.?
How wide is the range for the 6505 setting on the Peavey Vypyr 60W Tube? Is it good for metalcore?
^6505 perfect for metalcore............
but musician's friend is not the only online music store....
if you are willing to go used there are plenty, PLENTY of amps that you can get....
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
^6505 perfect for metalcore............
but musician's friend is not the only online music store....
if you are willing to go used there are plenty, PLENTY of amps that you can get....

My Hero!! Lol you always come to my Aid. Musician's friends is where i got Platinum card at and able to pay monthly... I've been looking at the Peavey Vypyr 60.. It has the 6505 Setting on it but I dont know **** about how the variety of tones u can get from it .. Does the 6505 model on the Vypyr have [ALMOST] the same Features as the Head?
^yea.........
the tube vypyr's 6505 setting can sound close to a REAL 6505......
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
^yea.........
the tube vypyr's 6505 setting can sound close to a REAL 6505......

Damn you know alot bro.
Page 1 of 2