Ok so I play mostly hard rock with a blues edge. (Guns N' Roses, Aerosmith, ACDC, Led Zeppelin, Velvet Revolver...) Also some punk and some thrash. And after A LOT of research, i have limited my choices for a new guitar between a Gibson Explorer and a Washburn WI66PRO. Both have mahogany bodies and necks, two humbuckers (Washburn has Seymour Duncans), and a fixed bridge.

Let's say they both have the same price, which one do you think I should get?
If love is blind I guess I'll find myself a cane...
gibson explorer since all the bands you mentioned there use gibsons you are better off getting the gibson as you will get a tone that is closer to the tone they got
sounds like me a couple months ago, but i decided on a new amp instead. as for which one: i dont know, those are the 2 best guitars ive ever played. but id go for the washburn
Geets:
Ibanez GSA60
Epiphone SG/LP custom
Schecter Damien elite 7
Fender Highway one Telecaster

Pedals:
Visual sound Jekyll and Hyde

Amp:
Peavey 6505
Marshall M412a cab
Peavey Classic 50

GO STEELERS!
I'd go with the Washburn, I have the older model of the WI66 (The one with the trem and awful pickups) and plays incredibly well, and if it had the Duncans the new one had, it would be incredible. Play both, see which one you like more.
Also, is this a Gibson or an Epiphone? Because I'm pretty sure the Gibson will cost a lot more than the Washburn, and if it is I'd step the Washburn model up to a WI568, which would be more around a Gibson price, and probably have better quality than most current Gibsons in that price range (Due to quality control).

EDIT: Just checked prices, and they're the same (The Gibson and the WI66). Get the Washburn.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Last edited by Baby Joel at Feb 15, 2009,
I'd go for the Washburn, well actually i DID go for the Washburn and i haven't regretted it, but since i am not you, only YOU know which guitar suits you best.
SIGNATURE
I'd go with a Gibson Explorer, but I'm biased. (see sig)
Jackson KE1F
Jackson KE2
Gibson Gothic Explorer
BC Rich Jr V deluxe

Engl Powerball full stack
Framus Cobra
VHT Pittbull CL50
The Gibson Explorer will prove you better worth for your money in the long run. That's all I have to say. I hope it's enough.
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
Get the washburn. they make a better quality instrument no matter what people say.

EDIT: You can't play an explorer sitting down either
UG's Prodigal Son
Last edited by lunaticfringe93 at Feb 15, 2009,
Quote by lunaticfringe93

You can't play an explorer sitting down either

Thats even dumber than saying you can't sit with a V either.

Explorers are one of the easiest guitars to play sitting down.....
Jackson KE1F
Jackson KE2
Gibson Gothic Explorer
BC Rich Jr V deluxe

Engl Powerball full stack
Framus Cobra
VHT Pittbull CL50
Quote by lunaticfringe93
Get the washburn. they make a better quality instrument no matter what people say.

Are you kidding? Have you even played an Explorer? I completely disagree with that whole post, but thats just my opinion. Anyways though I've never had the chance to play the Wasburn though I have played the Gibson Faded Explorer and I liked it. It sounded pretty good to me. The best thing you can do is play both guitars and get which ever sounds and feels best to you.
The Rig
Gibson Flying V
Blackstar HT-5 Stack
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
MXR GT-OD
Boss DS-1
Boss DD-3
Sold my Idol a while ago, just wasn't my thing. I don't really think the washburn was of better quality than than a comparably priced gibson/epi and I certainly didn't like the tone as much.
Assuming you've got a good amp to play the guitar through, I'd get the explorer.
Quote by lunaticfringe93

Haven't played that Washburn, but I wasn't too impressed by the Explorer. Definetely a solid guitar and there wasn't anything wrong about it, there just wasn't anything particularly spectacular either.
Actually, Washburns suck - people crying now because they bought one when they didn't know any better should get over it, and TS should get the Gibson.

Sorry, but there's no f-ing way the Washburn would ever beat a good Gib Explorer.

And for the record, that's for both standing up and sitting down.
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
Actually, Washburns suck - people crying now because they bought one when they didn't know any better should get over it

Really?! I've heard people sayin' theyre as good as a Gibson just cheaper because you don't get the Gibson name with them.
If love is blind I guess I'll find myself a cane...
Quote by bornfidelity
Actually, Washburns suck - people crying now because they bought one when they didn't know any better should get over it, and TS should get the Gibson.

Sorry, but there's no f-ing way the Washburn would ever beat a good Gib Explorer.

And for the record, that's for both standing up and sitting down.

My crappy and cheap Washburn plays better than an Explorer I tried last week in a guitar shop. The neck was nowhere near conisistent.

HERP DERP OPINIONS.
Quote by UncleCthulhu

My crappy and cheap Washburn plays better than an Explorer I tried last week in a guitar shop. The neck was nowhere near conisistent.

HERP DERP OPINIONS.

That's bad luck for you guitar shop man

Out of the three Gibson X's I've played - most of which ofc my own, the 90, but also an 80s one and a more recent one - I preferred both the neck and sound to any Washburn guitar I've ever played. It's still preference but man. You cannot seriously claim your cheap Washburn compares to a G Explorer.

Unless maybe if you're really not used to Explorer necks but give a few minutes man.
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73