Page 1 of 2
A friend of mine won't talk to me anymore; she found out I listen to Fall Out Boy.

So Pit, have you ever lost a friendship over musical douche-baggery?
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
I lost respect from my friend for listening to queen and sigurrós but we're still friends
Thats because Fall Out Boy suck.

/thread

Edit: on topic, ive never lost a friend, but gotten into some pretty heated debates/arguments over it - particularly a friend that likes FOB... fun times.
Ball Custom Mark I

Korg Pitchblack > Dunlop Crybaby wah > mODDball audio Green Bastard > Marshall GV2 Guv'nor Plus > EHX Holy Stain > MXR Phase 90 > MXR Carbon Copy

Jet City JCA20h
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Blackstar HTV212
ummmmm what
MY DESIGN/PHOTOGRAPHY TUMBLR
Quote by SEALSniper1152

If you take a jar, and whisper what you want to hate into it, then close the jar, coat it in crunchy peanut butter, and shove it up your ass. I'm pretty sure you could hate everything after that.
yeh, but that was after a band split.. not a squabble about musical tastes
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
Haha, to be fair you're probably better off not talking to somebody who drops friends over listening to certain bands. She's going to be quite embarassed when she stops being 14 and can look back and realize how much of a twat she was
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
I drifted apart from a guy cos i got pissed off that he stole my musical taste and then claimed he knew more than me about it., when it was me who introduced him to them all.
Quote by Skrewdriver
I took a shit out my grandma's back garden and blamed it on the dog....

Quote by DieGarbageMan
Epic win for benjo48
Quote by Cobains'guitar
I lost respect from my friend for listening to queen

Excuse me but i believe that you should write your friend a card saying how much Queen rock and that you have learned the error of your ways, then you should ask him not to facepalm you in your sleep.
lost a bunch of friends becayuse they found out about my love of NoFX, In Flames, and Anberlin. also Less Than Jake, but then again,. they are rapp sh*tters, all my "friends"
Myspace.

Quote by djmay71
it wasn't 7 days, it was 5.

and you call yourself the son of catholics

Quote by hugh20
I would keep it on my mantel piece and tell my grandchildren about the day I tried to overthrow the human race with my race of tree-men.
No, but I do argue with one of my good friends about music. He's a silly though.

p.s. Fall Out Boy are ace >__>;;
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Some of my "friends" always say I suck at guitar playing because i'm not so good at acoustic fingerpicking stuff and they constantly say how gay I am for listening metal.
I think they're afraid of me
if i found out one of my friends listened to fall out boy i wouldnt talk to them either
Quote by webbtje
A woman's perspective is great, you get to stare down at least one top without anyone caring.
No, because most of my friends are over 30.
I couldn't care less what they listen to either.
Last edited by DeadlySIN at Feb 15, 2009,
Quote by guitarheroII
lost a bunch of friends becayuse they found out about my love of NoFX, In Flames, and Anberlin. also Less Than Jake, but then again,. they are rapp sh*tters, all my "friends"

Dunno about those other bands you mentioned, but In Flames are awesome.

I tend to be open-minded about my friends' musical tastes, I get annoyed when people say bands like OTEP and P.O.D are technically more skilled than bands like Opeth and In Flames though.

Edit0009: Just out of interest, TS, what does your elitist friend listen to?
🙈 🙉 🙊
Last edited by entity0009 at Feb 15, 2009,
Are you actually telling me that people would seriously not talk to their friends because of a band they liked? Does that really happen?
There is poetry in despair.
yes but they were issues that we had in our band more than different tastes in music.
Quote by IDon'tLoveYou
FINALLY!

THANK YOU!

Was waiting for ages for the penis.

Quote by guitar-guy01
i'm in ireland, we're neutral, we won't fight unless its for a day off or alcohol

Nihilism doesn't exist...
Well she obviously wasn't a good friend if she stopped talking to you over that.

You're better off without her.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Actually, I told my friend that Rush sucks (not meaning it, just cuz i knew it would piss him off...hes a diehard fan), he didnt talk to me for about a week after that. So it does happen.
Ball Custom Mark I

Korg Pitchblack > Dunlop Crybaby wah > mODDball audio Green Bastard > Marshall GV2 Guv'nor Plus > EHX Holy Stain > MXR Phase 90 > MXR Carbon Copy

Jet City JCA20h
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Blackstar HTV212
No, my friends have a completely different taste in music but it doesn't bother me or them so it's all good.
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28
A friend of mine won't talk to me anymore; she found out I listen to Fall Out Boy.

So Pit, have you ever lost a friendship over musical douche-baggery?

Wow your friend is a twat. Ive never lost a friend over it, but theres been many drunken heated arguments about "which band is better".
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
Quote by ma_tt11
Actually, I told my friend that Rush sucks (not meaning it, just cuz i knew it would piss him off...hes a diehard fan), he didnt talk to me for about a week after that. So it does happen.

I don't think she's going to start talking to me again. A mutual friend of ours was talking today about how she's always talking about how she says stuff like "I'm glad that F***ing retard doesn't come around here anymore, he's so full of BS."
Quote by Les_Frederiksen

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by Cobains'guitar
I lost respect from my friend for listening to queen and sigur rós but we're still friends

Umm, why?

No I haven't, although my music taste is so much different than all of my friend's.
your ex friend is an idiot and deserves sudden death to her face.

i dont know who fall out boy is but to base a friendship on musical taste is foolishness!!!
Maybe it should be mentioned that her wallpaper on her computer is Tokio Hotel...
Quote by Les_Frederiksen

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Quote by PlayMadness
I don't think she's going to start talking to me again. A mutual friend of ours was talking today about how she's always talking about how she says stuff like "I'm glad that F***ing retard doesn't come around here anymore, he's so full of BS."

Thats unfortunate
As dedicated to music you can be, people are allowed to have their own opinions... its not something to break friendship over. A good heated debate is alright once in a while, but not that

My condolences,
Hope things work out for you
Ball Custom Mark I

Jet City JCA20h
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Blackstar HTV212
Some of my friends hate me for not listening to Lamb of God, and I don't listen to them because of how much they talk about them. Plus, I get ragged on for listening to Between The Buried and Me because Lamb of God is "way better"...
Quote by Seryaph
Hold your tongue!! Spare our ears your vile blaspheme.

Chuck Norris doesn't die. He triumphs.
wow thats pathetic. id get pissed because music is my life but its not worth ending a friendship over
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
No, but I do argue with one of my good friends about music. He's a silly though.

p.s. Fall Out Boy are ace >__>;;

I strongly agree with this statement.
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
Quote by faultyy
She's going to be quite embarassed when she stops being 14 and can look back and realize how much of a twat she was
Yeah, but what's he going to do when he stops being 14 and stops listening to Fall Out Boy?
You call that a friend? Jesus christ. Hell, I listen to Metal and almost all my girls that are friends listen to Fall Out Boy. Losing your friends over music is epic failure.
Last edited by boyan89 at Feb 15, 2009,
When my first band broke up I lost one of my friends, but he was a drummer so it was okay.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Quote by PlayMadness
Maybe it should be mentioned that her wallpaper on her computer is Tokio Hotel...

Aaarg. Aaaaargh. Aaarg. KILL IT!

Imagine a wallpaper with the faces of the Jonas Brothers photoshopeed onto Tokio Hotel bodies. That would be the most disgusting, epic, depressing, fail ever.
🙈 🙉 🙊
I introduced a friend to guitar. I advised him on what to buy, what to learn, etc.

He doesn't know his chords. I say "hey con, play me a G chord please". "I don't know my chords :P". Yet, he'll basically shit out of his mouth, claiming to be the dog's bollocks of the guitar, and music in general. So, I tend to just ignore him.

He occassionally pops up on MSN saying "yo, I just got a job at a multi-million £ reocrding studio. I can get your band in for free". Though, he will NEVER tell me the name of the studio.

I rememeber him over mine, on the comp looking at something, and me fiddling with acoustic. Hes logged into MSN, some girl says "hey con, what you up to?". He replies "just teaching a friend how to play guitar".

What a cunt.

I'm friends with a lot non-musical people, who simply enjoy listening to music. They're not bothered about learning theory/instrument etc. That's cool with me. But when someone is basically insulting something I've dedicated a whole lot of time to, and put a lot of effort into it, I get really annoyed.
Last edited by Kyle.E at Feb 15, 2009,
My friend told me he listens to Fall Out Boy. I totally don't talk to him anymore.
Quote by RiotSquad
mom take me to the doctor i cant stop cumming in wrestling
Quote by Cameronrobson
bobby, I've got poutine in my urethra

CLICK HERE FOR FREE SEX!
Anyone who won't be your friend because of your musical bias isn't worth your time. That isn't a real friend.
Page 1 of 2